- They were incorporated in 1928.
- The founder is Collett Everman and the CEO is Richard Anderson.
- Subsidiaries are Sky Team airline, Air France-KLM, Alitalia, Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Australia.
- They compete in the airlines company.
- There competitors and American Airlines group, Southwest Airlines and United Continental Holdings.
Factors of production
- They provide scheduled air transportation for passengers and cargo throughout the United States and around the world.
- The company employees 80 thousand people.
- The company's net worth is 37.5 billion.
The graph of the net income shown below shows that it was increasing four years ago until last year. Then after that it took a huge hit to its net income. People must not have traveled very much last year maybe because they did not have to money to do so.
- The symbol is DAL and it is traded on the NYSE.
- The 52 week high is $30.12 and the 52 week low is $51.06.
- Right now the current stock price is $46.44.
- The last time the stock was split was on November 17, 1998 and it split 2 for 1.
- There are 7,617,142 shares available for trade.
- The stock last payed dividends for 9 cents on 2-18-15.
- Hunter Keay says to buy because he thinks after almost a decade of the airlines funding the oil industry the revers could happen this year.
One article had talked about how the last few days the dollar got weaker so there for that affects the airlines in a bad way. That is why the stock has been dropping for the last few days. Another article talks about how people should buy now because the stocks are getting low. The stock price has gone down but that means now is a good time to buy.
summary, analysis, reflection
- What i have found out about my stock is that it has been going down but looks like it like it is going to go back up. Now appears to be a good time to buy.
- so far I have made about 15 thousand dollars in the stock market game.
- Investing in stocks can be very risky because if something that you invest in does bad you can lose a lot of money. Also at the same time it can go the other way around and be very beneficial.