Week of September 27th
Our Homecoming Dance will take place at Cougar Stadium on Saturday (09.25) from 7-11pm. Students should enter through the ticket booth. NO tickets will be sold at the event. Guests MUST have a photo ID to be admitted.
Please be mindful that the following rules were signed when your online registration was submitted -
Rules/Expectations (for students and their guest):
- No inappropriate or lewd dancing to include: "freak" dancing, twerking, lap dancing, or simulated sex acts
- Appropriate formal, semi-formal or dressy casual attire is required. Formal or semi-formal attire is required at Prom
- It is the responsibility of KRHS students to ensure that their guests understand and adhere to the dance rules and expectations
- Guests not enrolled at KRHS will be subjected to administrative approval. Students enrolled at other school must be considered students in good standing at their home schools. Middle school students are not permitted to attend Kettle Run High School dances, and guests must be under 21 years of age. The KRHS student that has submitted the guest for approval must accompany the guest. A student may only have one approved guest
- Students shall not engage in conduct that is disruptive, dangerous, or illegal. Violations will results in the appropriate disciplinary and/or legal actions
- Video surveillance may take place during school dances
- If you are denied entry or asked to leave the dance, your ticket money will not be refunded.
- All school rules will be enforced
COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic
Parents and/or guardians and staff must complete this consent form prior to September 30th.
Marking Period Dates and Grades
Upcoming Athletic Events
September 27th - Mon
Golf @ Blue Ridge Shadows 11:30 NWD Tournament
September 28th - Tue
F/JV/Var Volleyball vs Liberty Home 5:00/6:00/7:00
JV/Var Field Hockey vs Fauquier Home 5:30/7:00
September 29th - Wed
Fresh Football vs tba Home 5:30
JV Football vs Liberty Home 7:00
Cross Country @ Liberty 5:00
September 30th - Thur
Varsity Field Hockey vs Highland Home 6:00
JV/Var Volleyball @ James Wood 6:00/7:30
October 1st - Fri
Varsity Football @ Liberty 7:00
October 2nd - Sat
Cross Country @ Kernstown, Judges Classic 9:00
Competition Cheer @ Harrisonburg 1:00
The KR After Prom Committee needs YOU! Planning for the 2022 After Prom event has begun!
After Prom event is an event with many fun activities, food, and prizes for all Juniors and Seniors and any guests of prom attendees. Juniors and Seniors do not need to attend prom to come to After Prom. The event is wholly community sponsored and is free for attendees. For more information, please click on this link.
Our next meeting is October 19 at 7pm - we look forward to seeing you!
Thank you for your assistance with this matter.
COVID-19 Quarantine Information
When a student is quarantined and/or becomes ill from COVID-19, Ms. Brown (our nurse) will contact the parent/guardian (via phone or email) and provide/confirm the length of quarantine/isolation time required. The teachers of each student will also be notified. School Counselors will then contact the parent (via email) to confirm that teachers are aware of this information. The following protocol for quarantined/isolated students (due to COVID-19 only) is being followed:
Instructional Guidelines for High School Students in Quarantine/Isolation
High school teachers will make links available for students to join each class virtually for the first 15-40 minutes of each class to create some synchronous learning for quarantined students.
The primary goal for quarantine students is to see and hear directions and content that will support their independent learning.
Teachers will also be available during office hours at times determined by the teacher. Each teacher will communicate the time available to students.
Please note that this learning platform is only available for students who are quarantined and/or in isolation (relative to COVID-19).
Questions relative to assignments/instruction/course-related matters while students are absent should be directed to the responsible teacher.
To view specific COVID-19 case information, please visit the FCPS Dashboard.
To learn more about quarantine requirements, close contacts, and vaccination information, please review this newsletter from the division.
Please remember that masks (covering the mouth and nose) are required while inside our building. This applies to parents, guardians as well.
Missing Concert Band Attire
Our Music Program needs your assistance!
We are missing 12 dresses, nine jackets, and 10 pairs of pants...this equates to almost 10% of our total wardrobe! Please return any items you may have immediately. If you know a former music student, please ask them if they have anything to return.
There will be no penalties, we simply want the items back!
All items can be given to Mr. Fullard (in the band room) or dropped off in the main office.
Fall Choir Concert
The Fall Choir Concert will take place on Monday, October 4th at 7pm in the auditorium. Come see our Symphonic Choir, Treble Choir, and Mixed Choir perform their first concert of the year!
The Fall Concert will also include the advanced 8th Grade Choir from Auburn Middle School.
See you there!