Lynx Links for the Final Week of the 20-21 School Year!
This is the week of Promotion on Thursday, 10AM
Congratulations! We are excited to announce that we will host our CORE Butte 8th Grade Promotion on Thursday, May 27th at 10:00am. The event will be hosted in person on our athletic field. Please note that in accordance with California state event guidelines, we will adhere to the following:
- Seating will be provided and spaced in accordance with social distancing guidelines
- Seating is limited- Please limit your party to 6 or less
- All ceremony attendees will be required to wear a mask or face covering. Once seated as a family unit you're welcome to remove it while seated.
- Please be sure you can answer “no” to all the health self-screening questions prior to attending the ceremony-- guests with signs of illness must stay home
- Gates will open at 9:30am
8th graders will need to arrive by 9:15am and gather in the gym for check-in. The class procession will begin promptly at 10am and the promotion ceremony will follow. Again, congratulations! We look forward to celebrating this achievement with you! More information to follow in the upcoming weeks.
CORE TK-8 Fall Class Requests Begin August 9th
As we look forward to the next academic school year, we are excited to offer a variety of center classes for all grade bands. We want to be sure the schedule is as accurate as possible before we begin student sign-ups. With this in mind, we have decided that it is in the best interest of our students to open our TK-8 class request window in August. Current 20-21 students will have priority signing-up for classes. The TK-8 Class Request Window will open August 9th- 13th, 2021. Thanks for your patience and understanding. A draft of the class schedule will be available during the first week in August.
If you have any questions about classes, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FUNDRAISER MOVIE NIGHT
Summer Creativity & Connection
New Books Added! PLEASE TAKE SOME BOOKS HOME!
Know the Signs | SuicideIsPreventable.org
Sometimes we walk alongside others' pain without understanding the depth of their burden. When there is a concern that someone may be considering ending his or her life, it is important to recognize the warning signs, communicate with clarity and care, and serve as a bridge to resources. During the month of May, which recognizes Mental Health Awareness, you are especially encouraged to visit SuicideIsPreventable.org to discover how to thoughtfully intervene for the sake of preserving life.
CORE has established some safety guidelines and protocols for in-person meetings:
These protocols are to be followed whether the meeting occurs on or off campus.
Before arriving, Families are encouraged to:
- Check temperature at home before coming in to the Center
- Stay home if you are not feeling well or your temperature is above 100.4
- Use the restroom before arriving at the Center
Approved face coverings are required at all times while at the center or on the school grounds
Before Entering the Building:
- Wait out front for PLT
- Follow all social distancing guidelines
- PLT will verify Health Survey (please see clipboard at front desk)
- Have you or anyone you have been in close contact with been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Have you or anyone you have been in close contact with recently experienced a fever (temperature over 100.4° F or 38° C) within the past 24 hours?
- Have you or anyone you have been in close contact with had COVID-19 symptoms in the last 24 hours (loss of smell, cough, sore throat, muscle aches, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite)?
- Have you or anyone you have been in close contact with been asked to self-isolate or quarantine in the last 2 weeks?
During Time at the Center and on Campus:
- PLT’s and families should walk straight to the meeting point. Do not congregate in common areas.
- Maintain proper social distancing
- Wear approved face covering
- Keep all family members together at the meeting point
- Adults should escort students to the bathroom
Departing the Center:
- PLT will escort the family to the exit.
- Families should maintain proper social distancing while moving toward the exit.
- Families should not congregate outside the building.
Mask Protocol Reminder
At CORE Butte Charter School We Dress for Success!!!
- Clothing or hats bearing pictures, symbols or slogans related to: drugs, alcohol, tobacco, sex, or violence.
- Exposed underwear or underwear worn as outerwear
- Short shorts, short skirts, and short dresses without wearing tights or leggings underneath.
- Strapless tops/dresses, tube top, or shirts pulled down below the shoulder
For more details see the parent/student handbook.
Learning Period Dates:
Learning Period 6 - April 19 - May 28
Last Day of School - May 28th