Your source for all the TK-8 CORE Butte news!
CAASPP TESTING Starts April 19th
Reminder- No Center Classes April 19th-30th
Learning has probably been different for your child this year. Whatever “different” means for your family, one thing remains true- students have worked very hard and this spring they will have a chance to show what they know and can do. Since learning has been different, testing will be different too: The computer adaptive portion of the Smarter Balanced tests will be shorter than in previous years. This will give teachers more time to teach and students more time to master the material.
Social and Emotional Support
We also wanted to take a moment to highlight the mental health and social emotional supports available at CORE. We know this has been a hard year for many of our students and some of you may be struggling with your mental health. We have various staff members who are willing and available to support you. You can connect with your PLT or any other staff member and they can connect you with some of these supports. You can also visit our school SEL website by clicking this link, https://corebuttesel.wixsite.com/cbcs.
Mask Protocol Reminder
Health Education Online Course for 7th and 8th Graders
The online independent study course is called Positive Prevention Plus. The course has 14 lessons and students have 45 days to complete the course.
The online course started on Monday, March 22nd.
RE- ENROLLMENT MUST BE COMPLETED!
Each year we must have all currently enrolled students who plan to attend CORE Butte next year fill out our re-enrollment information. This helps us figure out enrollment numbers. If you could please take a moment to follow the instructions HERE to complete this process.
MAY 14TH CRAFT
Crafting in Community ~ May 14th
During our Spring Celebration in March, students requested another time to gather for craft projects! Parents and students are invited to attend this event. Please see flyer below for information to RSVP!
43 WAYS OUR KIDS THRIVE ON FREE PLAY!
Please click above to access the CORE Butte SEL website.
CORE has established some safety guidelines and protocols for in-person meetings:
These protocols are to be followed whether the meeting occurs on or off campus.
Before arriving, Families are encouraged to:
- Check temperature at home before coming in to the Center
- Stay home if you are not feeling well or your temperature is above 100.4
- Use the restroom before arriving at the Center
Approved face coverings are required at all times while at the center or on the school grounds
Before Entering the Building:
- Wait out front for PLT
- Follow all social distancing guidelines
- PLT will verify Health Survey (please see clipboard at front desk)
- Have you or anyone you have been in close contact with been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Have you or anyone you have been in close contact with recently experienced a fever (temperature over 100.4° F or 38° C) within the past 24 hours?
- Have you or anyone you have been in close contact with had COVID-19 symptoms in the last 24 hours (loss of smell, cough, sore throat, muscle aches, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite)?
- Have you or anyone you have been in close contact with been asked to self-isolate or quarantine in the last 2 weeks?
During Time at the Center and on Campus:
- PLT’s and families should walk straight to the meeting point. Do not congregate in common areas.
- Maintain proper social distancing
- Wear approved face covering
- Keep all family members together at the meeting point
- Adults should escort students to the bathroom
Departing the Center:
- PLT will escort the family to the exit.
- Families should maintain proper social distancing while moving toward the exit.
- Families should not congregate outside the building.
At CORE Butte Charter School We Dress for Success!!!
- Clothing or hats bearing pictures, symbols or slogans related to: drugs, alcohol, tobacco, sex, or violence.
- Exposed underwear or underwear worn as outerwear
- Short shorts, short skirts, and short dresses without wearing tights or leggings underneath.
- Strapless tops/dresses, tube top, or shirts pulled down below the shoulder
For more details see the parent/student handbook.
Learning Period Dates:
Learning Period 5 - February 25 - April 16
Learning Period 6 - April 19 - May 28