Mrs. Price's First Grade
January 15, 2016
- I hope your first grader is enjoying the home practice packet. It is due on Monday, January 25th.
- Pennies for Patients: we are still collecting loose change for our Pennies for Patients drive!
- Monday, January 18th: MLK Day-No School
- Friday, January 22nd: Spirit Day-International Day
- Auction: our class is still collecting small garden items (gardening gloves, seed packets, etc.) for our auction project. Thank you!
- Help! We love crafts and have completed so many that we are running low on glue sticks. If you are out and about and would like to pick up a few glue sticks for our classroom, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Our Star Student next week: Audrey!
Glimpses of PRICEless Learning
This week we have been reading, discussing and completing activities about Martin Luther King Jr. One of my favorite activities to do with the students is to read the book, It's Okay to be Different by Todd Parr. We had a discussion about differences and how these differences are okay and make us unique and special. After our discussion, the students had to create their own "It's Okay to be..." page. Take a look at what they came up with!