Class of 2023
MHS Yearbook Senior Baby Ad - Deadline Extended
- Cost: $75.00 for a Quarter Page Ad
- Payment: Cash or Check Made Payable to MHS Yearbook
- Pictures : One to a Maximum of Three Pictures
- Deadline Extended: December 5, 2022 (Space is Limited)
- Please do not send scanned pictures as they will be scanned for the yearbook layout.
- Picture(s) may be emailed as attachments if you have them saved. Please include your child's name in the subject line.
- If you would like your pictures to be returned, a self-addressed, stamped envelope must be enclosed with the order.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Jen Houtz-Gillman at email@example.com
Senior Baby Ad Examples
For students that do not have a flex period, the information discussed will be posted in the Senior Google Classroom after the last meeting.
This will be a very brief overview. More detailed information will be given to seniors on January 25th, 26th, and 27th.
2023 Graduate Transcript Request Form
- A form should be completed for each request.
- The form should be submitted at the time you would like your transcript sent.
- Transcript requests should only be sent AFTER you have completed and submitted the college application.
- ACT/SAT scores will NOT be included on transcripts sent to colleges. Please send these scores directly from ACT or SAT by accessing your account.
Countdown To College
The Montgomery County Educational Service Center is pleased to announce Countdown To College – an introduction to career exploration and the college admission and financial aid process.
Countdown To College is purposely designed to offer an individual meeting with a career, admission and financial aid coach that will focus on your future and help you to develop a list of next steps as you navigate the college selection process. This 45 minute meeting will provide insights on FAFSA completion, admission and financial aid, choosing a major, setting up a campus visit, confirming your enrollment and answering your questions. To schedule a Zoom meeting please visit:
Appointments are required and both students and parents are invited to join the Zoom meeting. Most meeting times are during the late afternoon or early evening hours and this opportunity is open to all high school students.
● Undecided about your pathway to future success.
● Working with your high school counselor.
● Create a balanced list of colleges to research.
● Why college might be for me?
● Career coaching - YouScience, Naviance.
● Understanding the scholarship and financial aid process.
● The purpose of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
● Creation of your Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID).
● College admission process – next steps.
● What are college admission offices looking for?
● Choosing a program of study.
● Certificate programs.
● Tips for a campus visit.
● Getting started with your college applications.
● Questions you should be asking.
● Creation of your to-do-list.
Graduation Cap, Gown & Tassel
Miamisburg High School will order a cap, gown and tassel for all graduates. Please DO NOT order these items from Jostens. They will be shipped to the school and distributed before graduation.
Students who wish to use a cap and gown from a relative/friend, should notify Mrs. Shock (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mrs. Kerwin (email@example.com), so the gown cost can be deducted from the graduation fee.
A $40.00 graduation fee has been added to Senior fee accounts to cover graduation expenses and the cap, gown and tassel. Adjustments will be made for those not participating in the ceremony or not purchasing a cap/gown.
- Cap, Gown, Tassel & Graduation Fee: $40.00
- Tassel Only & Graduation Fee: $22.00
Payments can be made online (www.payschoolscentral.com), by phone or credit card at MHS or check made payable to Miamisburg High School and turned in to the Main Office.
Senior Exchange Day - Oct 24th
This information is for Seniors who attend Miamisburg High School. If you are a CTC student or a full time CCP student, this message does not apply to you.
Seniors have a required number of days they must attend school. With the way our school calendar ends, we had to build in a day for our seniors. Instead of moving our graduation to Memorial Day weekend or adding a day in May, we are planning an exchange day for October 24.
October 24 is a planned professional development day and students will NOT attend school; however, this day will count as a day for seniors as long as they complete ONE of the options listed below. These options also allow us to implement a college/career experience for our seniors.
- Option 1: Attend a College Open House or Tour
- Option 2: Attend a Trade School Open House or Tour
- Option 3: Attend a Career Job Shadow Experience
- Option 4: Student Created Alternative Option (must be pre-approved by administration)
Students do not have to complete the activity on October 24, but will be given through the 1st semester (Jan. 13). This activity will have to be completed on a non-school day or during non-school hours. Students who do not complete this by January 13 will receive a day of absence on October 24. Specific dates and locations for events will be shared with students soon, so they will have a list of ideas they can use to fulfill this request.
Students will need to complete this form to receive credit for this experience Senior Exchange Day Verification Form.
Senior, have you scheduled your headshot yet? In order to be included in the yearbook and senior composite, you must be photographed by early December 12, 2022. (See the session specials below.)
Please call the studio today at 937-222-8410 to set up an appointment time.
Senior Class Dates to Remember
Dec 10, 2022
- Last day to place optional graduation orders from Jostens.
Dec 13, 14 & 15, 2022
- The MHS counselors will visit Senior Flex Periods to discuss scholarships.
Jan 25, 2023
- Senior Scholarship Meeting MVCTC Students - 7:30am-8:00am in the Lecture Hall
- Senior Scholarship Meeting (A-D) - Flex Period (8:23) in the Lecture Hall
Jan 26, 2023
- Senior Scholarship Meeting (E-K) - Flex Period (8:23) in the Lecture Hall
Jan 27, 2023
- Senior Scholarship Meeting (L-R) Flex Period (8:23) in the Lecture Hall
- Senior Scholarship Meeting (S-Z) 2nd Period (8:53) in the Lecture Hall
March 7, 2023
- Jostens Graduation Announcement Delivery - 1:45PM-2:15PM by Student Services
May 8 - 16, 2023
- MVCTC Gown Distribution - 6:45AM-3:00PM in the Main Office
May 11, 2023
- MHS Seniors Last Day of Classes
- Senior Viking Walk - 10:00AM
- Senior Picnic
May 12 -16, 2023
- Senior Exams
May 17, 2023
- Senior Cap and Gown Distribution - 10:00AM-12:00PM in the Atrium
May 17-18, 2023
- Senior Make-Up Exams
May 19, 2023
- Mandatory Graduation Practice at Holland Field - Time TBD
May 20, 2023
- Graduation at Holland Field - 10:00AM (Primary Date and Time - Weather Permitted)
- Graduation at Holland Field - 6:30PM (Only if Delayed Due to Weather)
May 21, 2023
- Graduation at Holland Field - 10:00AM (Only if Delayed on May 20th Due to Weather)