CCMS Registration Information
Welcome, new and returning Panther families!
What you need to bring to registration?
- Complete the Aeries Parent Portal Registration process. Step by step instructions are below. Families also received a personalized letter in the mail with necessary information to create a new account.
- Print and sign the 1) Daily Emergency and Disaster Release Information Form and the 2) Annual Notifications and Authorizations Acknowledgement Form.
- Bring both forms with you and a mask for indoor stations.
***Note: The Aeries Parent Portal registration process and forms are required even if you do not plan to attend the Registration event.
Log into AERIES to Complete Your Forms
If you have never created a parent portal account, you'll need the following information: Student's ID number, Primary Telephone Number and a Verification Code. This information was sent via postal mail to each family.
If you have yet to receive your child's verification code, or if you are having issues logging in, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Need Access to a Computer or Printer?
So, what exactly happens at Registration?
Students will be able to do the following at the CCMS Registration:
- Take and collect their ID picture (which will also serve as their Yearbook picture)
- Pick up their course schedule
- Pick up required textbooks for their new grade level
- Speak to a counselor for course changes
Parents will be able to do the following at the CCMS Registration:
- Join the PTSA and learn about how our wonderful parents support our school
- Join the Annual Giving Campaign and support our teachers and programs during these trying times
- Learn about and enroll in after school care and other programs
- Load money in student's meal account
- Buy PE uniforms
- Buy CCMS Spirit Gear
- Pre-order your CCMS 2021-22 Yearbook
Don't forget to bring a mask with you for indoor stations!
- Arrive about an hour after opening to avoid long lines (you do not need to stay the entire time)
- Bring cash to buy snacks and CCMS gear!
- Bring a card or cash to buy PE clothes and support our amazing parent organizations!
- Bring a bag or backpack to carry your textbooks and new PE clothes!
- Come picture ready! The ID picture is also going to be your Yearbook picture!
Supports and Help
Class changes: CCMS counselors will be available to answer any questions relating to student schdeules and make any necessary changes. No changes will be made for teacher preferences.
After school sign-ups: If you require assistance signing up for after-school classes or sports, we will have the CCMS Parent Center available to help Spanish-speaking families or anyone who may not have access to do so at home.
Student ID and Yearbook Pictures
- You will receive your ID card moments after you take your photo.
- Photos will be done at a safe social distance.
- Bring your last year’s ID with you so we know who you are. Don't worry if you can't find it, we can also look you up by name.
- We will send you an email 48hrs after photo day where you can view & order your portraits!
To Pre- Order Visit our website- www.cfpstudio.com – Click online galleries-Underclass and select your school. You will be prompted to enter your student ID.
All Things Cafeteria
During the 2021-22 school year, ALL students will receive free meals from the cafeteria.
- Students need only to show their student ID for scanning.
- Pins will no longer be used.
- If students wish to purchase additional snack not included in the regular school meal, they may do so out of the funds in their student meal account.
- Cash will no longer be accepted.
- To load money on your student's meal account, go to: https://www.k12paymentcenter.com/
- To complete a meal application, click here: www.culvecafe.org
From the Nurses' Office
7th Grade T-Dap Requirement
Incoming 7th grade students must have a T-Dap vaccination record submitted to the CCMS Nurses' Office. Students who do not have a T-Dap on file will not be able to pick up their class schedule. T-Dap records can be brought to the Nurses' Office on the day of Registration.
Free COVID Testing for CCUSD Students!
Location: Same as vaccine area, adjacent to the nurses office.
Middle School: Testing will be available between 11am-1pm on all registration days
Rapid testing is walk up only during the times indicated. We do not take appointments.
If you are interested in CCUSD's Rapid Antigen COVID testing, please use the link below to register on our platform - Primary Health. For those that have registered in the past, you will need to re-register for the upcoming school year. RAPID COVID TEST REGISTRATION FOR STUDENTS.
If you are in need of a PCR test, please contact a health staff team member at 310-842-4200 ext. 3331 and please note that PCR tests will only be offered to:
- Confirm any positive Rapid Antigen test results,
- Anyone who is ill or has been exposed to COVID, and/or
- Indoor athletes as required by the Los Angeles Department of Public Health.
- In order to participate in PCR testing as needed, please make sure that you have also registered on Color: PCR REGISTRATION FOR STUDENTS
If you are unable to attend the school's testing site, there are testing locations throughout Los Angeles and can be found HERE.
Booths to Visit!
Walk n Rollers
Learn about our Walk n Rollers Program that encourages Panthers to walk, skate, bike or skoot to school. Join us for the CCMS Fun Ride and workshop on August 15! Learn essential rules of the road, how to ride to school safely and where and how to lock their bikes properly. More information here!
Join the PTSA!
The CCMS PTSA is open to all parents, teachers and students to help build strong working relationships at our school, in support of CCMS and its students. We encourage all parents, students, teachers, and family members to join, including grandparents and siblings! Your membership results in advocacy for our students at the district, state and national level. The more members we have, the more say we have! Please also consider sponsoring a membership for someone else, including teachers.
Membership costs just $8 per year. If you were a member last year, please renew your membership for this year! Go to https://jointotem.com/ca/culver-city/culver-city-middle-school-ptsa/join to join today!
We're asking 100% of CCMS families to donate meaningfully to raise $100,000 in the first 100 days of school. There is no minimum amount, and every dollar truly counts!
Culver City Education Foundation
Welcome aboard! Culver CityBus is launching a new pilot program for students in Culver City Unified schools to help kids ride transit for free. They are partnering with CCUSD to offer students unlimited rides at no cost on Culver CityBus, LA Metro bus and rail, and LADOT Dash. Additional transit agencies are being added, so visit Culvercitybus.com for the latest updates.
Using the TAP card provided, students can ride for free to and from school, on trips after school and on weekends, now through June 30, 2022. If your student is already part of the TAP K-12 Reduced Fare program, they will need to pick up a new Fareless K-12 card from their school and register it prior to use.
Culver CityBus representatives will be on site during registration to answer questions.
Grab Some Free Ice Cream on the Way Out!
Can't Make it to Registration?
- Make up ID pictures will happen once the school year begins on campus. Families can also travel to the CFP Studio to take their picture there.
- Textbook pick up will also be available during a scheduled day once school begins.
- Course schedules will be available for viewing in Aeries starting August 16.
- Counselors are available for course change requests via email and virtual meetings.
We try to keep students and parents informed through a variety of communication methods. Don't miss the latest in CCMS info or events by checking these resources regularly! Please make sure CCMS has your most up to date contact information including emails, phone number, and mailing address! You can updat your info when you complete your Aeries registration!
Regular School Communication:
- Principal's Paw Print: a weekly email newsletter with upcoming information for families
- CCMS Website: posts news and a lot of the same info that goes in the Paw Print for all to access
- Student Bulletin: weekly announcements for students in a bulletin (posted on the CCMS website)
- CCMS Press Room: a video version of the student bulletin taking place weekly through Google Hangout
- @CulverCityMS: follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook!
- School Messenger: a system for email and phone blasts for major event reminders
Academic and Attendance Information:
- Aeries Parent Portal: Stay current on your student's grades and daily attendance
Individual questions or concerns:
- To speak to a Spanish-speaker in the office, please ask for Josie Campos, Karla Avalos or Leonor Flores.