Teachers are Learners Too
South Grove Intermediate School
A Look Ahead
May 23: No Cluster
May 24: LouAnn's Retirement Reception
May 26: Staff Party at Kelly's
A Walk Around South Grove
The students in Allison's room loved their desk messages this week!
Lisa's students have clear expectations of what should be included in their research project!
There's an App for That!
Love this board Sarah!
- A HUGE thank you to all of the teachers that came in early or stopped in the book fair to help out! Everyone made it to class before the tardy bell rang!
- weather, for the most beautiful day of the week on Thursday for the 6th grade field trip to Victory Field.
- to all the people that help out when subs are in the building.
- Glenda Ritz meeting with BGCS teachers
- staff of SG for being supportive of one another.
- Ms. Pollert for sharing about health and wellness with the Buzz Club students after school.
- Joe Mattingly..... always going above and beyond for our Special Needs kids!
- Memory for all her help name tagging all of the art work for the art show.
- Kelly Agee for organizing Career Day for 6th graders today.
- Jesse Spence for sewing together all the 5th grade art pillows.
- Jesse for helping me set up the art show and take it down.
- Alisha for helping set up all the three -dimensional displays at the art show.
- to all the teachers and administrators who took time after school to come to the art show,The students really appreciated see everyone.
- everyone for making my last year memorable. I will always love the South Grove Staff. You are the Best!!!!!!
Our first superhero of the week is Joe Mattingly. Joe grew up in Indianapolis and attended Cathedral High School. After graduating in 2007, Superhero Joe attended Indiana University. After completing his student teaching in Chicago, he earned his bachelor's degree in Secondary Education with an emphasis on Social Studies. His first teaching assignment was as a long term substitute in Warren Township. Superhero Joe came to South Grove in 2013 as a Special Education Assistant.
In his spare time, Joe enjoys watching Indiana and Notre Dame football and Indiana University basketball. One day he would love to travel to California especially to San Fransisco and San Diego. This superhero enjoys a medium rare steak for dinner.
Superhero Joe is currently in grad school at Ball State earning his Masters Degree in Special Education. South Grove will miss Joe as he heads to Beech Grove Middle School to continue to work with Uriah. Thank you, Joe, for all of the special attention you have given to the students. Good luck!
Diana has always enjoyed working with children. She began working at Kinder Care in high school and continued there after graduation. Diana then went on to work at the YMCA before becoming a bus monitor for Beech Grove City Schools. In the winter of 2013, Diana was snatched off the bus and hired as special education assistant at South Grove. This school year, Diana has been team teaching the Chromebook Connections class with Ellen. She is often the first one to be called on to substitute in a classroom! She is currently working on getting her sub license.
When Diana is not working, she enjoys reading and drawing. She loves music - but not Country! She can often be seen at the ball park watching her niece and nephew, Daysha and Ashton, play softball and baseball. Superhero Diana enjoys pizza and has recently discovered the Chocolate Chip Frappe from McDonalds. Visiting Europe is on Diana's bucket list. South Grove is fortunate to have Diana as part of our staff!