Fitness Stress Reduction
Ubin Jung & Simrat Chandi
Physical Activity Plays a key role!
Example of simple activities
- Put on some music and dance around
- Take your dog for a walk
- Walk or cycle to the grocery store
- Use the stairs at home or work rather than an elevator
- Park your car in the farthest spot in the lot and walk the rest of the way
- Pair up with an exercise partner and encourage each other as you workout
- Play ping-pong or an activity-based video game with your kids
5 reasons physical activity helps
- Endorphins help us to feel good, therefore decreasing stress.
2. Alters blood flow.
- Exercise alters blood flow to stress-affected areas of the brain, meaning that we do not refine stressful events over and over again.
3. Acts like meditation in motion.
- A sweaty gym session or a quiet walk will help you forget irritations by concentrating on other activities.
4. Promotes many health benefits.
- This includes better mental health, lower risk of developing some cancers, better weight control and much more.
5. Can be done at any time.
- Fitting in 15min a day can aid cognitive function and performance, you don't have time to not exercise.
HEALTH CHOICES & NUTRITION
Stress and nutrition have always been linked
20 Simple Stress Relief Tips
2. Arm yourself with healthy snacks.
3. Be present.
4. Use the proper hand washing technique.
5. Turn on some tunes.
6. Reach out.
7. Hit the pool!
8. Give your thumbs a rest.
9. Recall a past success.
11. Worry about one thing at a time.
12. Focus on your senses a few minutes a day.
13. Talk about—or write out—what's worrying you.
14. Be faithful to your workout routines, no matter how stressed or busy you are.
15. Take time to be touched.
16. Speak a stress-free language.
17. Don't be so serious.
18. Once a day, get away.
19. Identify at least one good thing that happened today.
20. Breathe deeply.
Robinsoon, Lawrence, Melinda Smith, and Robert Segal. "Stress Management." : How to Reduce, Prevent, and Cope with Stress. N.p., Oct. 2015. Web. 06 Dec. 2015.
"How Food Can Affect Your Stress Levels." Stress Management Society. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Dec. 2015.
"20 Simple Stress Relief Techniques." Shape Magazine. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Dec. 2015.