- many sources of biogas
- natural occurring process - requires less land
- using biogas - reduces greenhouse gas emissions
- since natural occurring process - can't control/manipulate
- gas production slowed down in cool weather
- using manure/other waste - can't be used for fertilizer and compost
- produces limited quantity of energy
What qualifies it as a biofuel? How does it work?
- qualified as biofuel - creates energy
- produces when microorganisms digest waste from plants/animals in the absence of oxygen
- methane is 21 times stronger as greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide
Good idea to move into production?
- should probably use during warm seasons due to slow gas production in cool seasons
- should probably use to help out with something else