DB Learning Commons News to Use
Six Flags Read to Succeed!!!!!
Take a look at our VLC (Virtual Learning Commons)
Two of my latest favorite free apps!
Also check out Word Mover. I was tempted to hoard this one until National Poetry Month in April, but it could be SO helpful for those students that freeze up when faced with writing on that empty white page! Poetry is embedded in the curriculum at every grade level. This is also available as an interactive on Read Write Think. A huge benefit to using the app is that it doesn't require Internet access. Take a screen shot of completed poem, save it in SkyDrive, and print from your computer. Request installation on our iPads before use with a class.
All you need is a user name.
Not my best work, just quick samples. Choose different backgrounds, use your own words or choose from provided backgrounds.
Easily spark creativity and expression
Fun to use, but easy. Enough options and choices for originality, but not so many that the purpose and work get lost.
By the way...
* Watch this quick video tutorial to see how to create dynamic instruction using our FollettShelf eBooks on your SMART Board. http://www.aboutfollettebooks.com/page.cfm?page_id=30
*While you're at it, check out our new eBook collection at Mackin VIA. Get there from the Teacher Resources on the VLC anytime, or go now with this link: www.mackinvia.com
User name is danielboone, password is danielboone.
* New Professional Resources: The Continuum of Literacy Learning Grades PreK-8: A Guide to Teaching by Fountas and Pinnell and The Survival Guide for Kids with Autism Spectrum Disorders (And Their Parents) by Verdick and Reeve.
* New write on/wipe off instructional big books: Graphic Organizers That Build Early Reading Skills and Literary Elements. (We also have Introduction to Nonfiction - text features). All three are written by Liza Charlesworth.
* Don’t forget to check out zinio (magazine downloads) and freegal (music downloads) at www.youranswerplace.com These are amazing free resources for St. Charles and St. Louis County residents.
* To schedule a checkout time or read aloud, use the Library Calendar or contact Cathy. To schedule me (collaboration, instruction, or assistance), contact me. To schedule tech integration, 21C collaboration, or assistance, contact Brittany or me. Hope to hear from you soon.
For Fun and Safety - Scaredy Squirrel Halloween Safety Video
Welcome to the Club
A hearty cheer for our newest faculty members of the Mark Twain Club! Ms. Heslin, Mr. Poling, Mr. Armour, Ms. Loesch and Ms. Utt! Love how Cathy's bulletin board is growing!