Why is spam so bad?
Spam sometime will cost you, even if you delete it.
- It will use your bandwidth.
- It will charge you for a SMS.
Spam takes up your time.
- You have to sort through your email to delete it.
- You might open it, and take time to read it/reply.
Spam content might affect your computer.
- Malware might be connected to the email.
- It might have a software that collects info on your computer.
How can you avoid Spam?
- Spam filters move your spam right into what we call a spam file, so it doesn't go into your inbox for you to see.
Do not reply.
- If you reply to an email, it gives them a heads up that this is a valid (active) email address. As far as they knew, it wasn't an active account.
One-use email addresses.
- One-use email addresses are really nice for signing up for accounts, so you don't get all the spam in your account.