THE PATRIOT POST
Newsletter for PHES Students and Families
SCHOOL STARTS THIS WEEK! ✏️
Here is the schedule for Grades 1-5
Drop Off & Pick Up
There are two lanes provided for Pick-up and Drop-off (See map below).
LANE 1 goes to the front of the school and is the lane to be used for all kindergarten parents/families.
LANE 1 AND 2 are used by grades 1-5 parents/families.
LANE 2 turns into the parking lot.
Since faculty and staff will be trying to park in the morning, it is best to use Lane 1 for drop-off. If you use Lane 2, pull forward behind parked cars and do not block open parking spots.
LANE 1 : Move car completely forward following signs and school personnel directions. This keeps the traffic moving and moves you to a safe place to unload children.
DO NOT UNLOAD UNTIL AT THE FRONT OF THE LINE. (This will avoid holding up traffic).
UNLOAD CHILDREN ON THE SIDEWALK SIDE OF THE CAR, NOT IN THE STREET.
LANE 1: AFTER SCHOOL - cars turning in from the West will turn into this lane for Pick-up. LANE 2: AFTER SCHOOL - Cars from the East will turn in and use this lane for Pick-up. PLEASE STAY IN YOUR PROPER LANE. Staff will make sure your children get to you car safely.
- PUT NAME OF CHILDREN ON A CARD (See example below) AND PLACE IN RIGHT FRONT WINDOW OF YOUR CAR SO STAFF CAN CALL YOUR CHILD TO COME OUT FOR PICK UP AFTER SCHOOL or HANG TAGS GIVEN OUT AT BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT. Please do not assume we know your car or name. Be respectful to all staff and personnel working the lanes. They are there for your child’s safety and to keep the lanes moving while providing a safe pick-up and/or Drop-off for your family
- WATCH FOR CHILDREN AT ALL TIMES!
- ENTER, EXIT AND DRIVE SLOWLY through all areas. If teen drivers are picking up or dropping off, please review these expectations with them.
- Jr. and Sr. high students should wait only on the west grass area by the Family and Student wait sign. They cannot come into the building to get students. They need to meet their car at the appropriate lane, using the appropriate crosswalks. They need to follow safety procedures and not cross lanes or go in front of vehicles to get to their pick up vehicle.
- Please know the Elementary School reserves the right to ask students to leave the premises if they do not follow the proper procedures or fail to display respect to school faculty or staff assisting with carpool.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND HELP TO KEEP OUR KIDS SAFE!!
Example of Name Plate for window:
Map of parking lot
Community Meeting on the New School Bus Program Thursday at 6pm @ PHHS 🚌
PTO Fundraiser for PHES Library
Look who had a Birthday this week 🎂
NOTICE OF HEARING SCREENINGS 🎧
Hearing screenings will begin shortly at Providence Hall as recommended by the Utah Department of Health to identify undetected, progressive, late-onset, and fluctuating hearing losses due to ear infections, loud noise exposure, or a variety of disorders. This screening is done yearly by the Speech-Language Department at the beginning of the school year and will involve all students in grades K, 3, 7, 11, all students receiving special education services, most students new to PH, and students considered at-risk. To opt-out of this year's hearing screening, or to request screening for additional students, please email your student's name and grade to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 22, 2021. Recommended health precautions specific to hearing screenings will be followed.
Speech and language therapy services are also available at Providence Hall for all students who qualify in grades K-12. If you have concerns about your student's communication skills, please contact Mrs. Collingridge, our speech-language pathologist, at email@example.com to discuss the concerns.
Parent Survey for USBE
Hello Parents and Students! The PHES counselors are thrilled to welcome you to school! We understand that there are so many feelings that come with the beginning of a new school year - fear, happiness, anxiety, excitement, and everything in between! That being said, we're here to help and support you and your student(s). Our contact information is listed below, and we would love to hear from you!
We also have a counseling website with a lot of great resources. Take a look!
Miss Kristen Leininger
Grades 1, 3, and 5
Mrs. Amanda Jenson
Grades K, 2, 4, and Special Success
Follow us on Instagram @ProvidenceHallElementary