August 1, 2021 Principal Message
Jeffreys Grove Magnet Elementary
Dear Jeffreys Grove Families,
I hope you're enjoying your summer break! We are staying busy with back to school planning here at Jeffreys Grove. We are sharing a few updates below to help support your family's preparation for the upcoming year.
Join me in extending our new families and students the warmest of welcomes! As we begin the 2021-2022 school year, we will be introducing new staff via our Twitter account @JeffreysGroveES – follow us so you can meet our newest Eagles.
Our school website has links to supply lists created by our grade level teams (under the Parents tab).
If you are a Kindergarten family, I sent you important personalized information via mail regarding staggered entry. If you have not received this, please reach out to Ms. Scott, our Assistant Principal, at email@example.com. Have a wonderful week!
- August 17-20 Teacher workdays
- August 18 Popsicles on the Playground (Rising Kindergarten only)
- August 19 Meet the Teacher
- August 23 First day of school
- August 27 Kindergarten Meet the Teacher
- August 30 Kindergarten Parent Welcome
Before and After School Care (BAC) Program
The Jeffreys Grove Before and After School Care Program provides a safe, stimulating environment for students whose family may require student supervision before and/or after school hours. Students who attend the regular day program are eligible for enrollment in the BAC Program.
Registration for Before care and After care will begin on August 16, 2021. We are unable to take registrations, or process payments before this date. All forms, pricing, hours of operation and payment schedules have been updated on our site for the 21/22 school year. Spaces are limited and will be on a first come first served basis.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about the program.
Breakfast and Lunch
Please use this link to request bus transportation for your child(ren) for the 21-22 school year.
Bus registration must be completed as early as possible to guarantee bus transportation on the first day of school. If your child was in Virtual Academy for the 20-21 school year and is returning for in-person learning this year, you will need to complete the bus rider registration. Also, if your child rode morning only or afternoon only and you need bus ridership for both, you will need to complete the transportation registration form above.
If you have a Kindergarten student for the 21-22 school year, you completed a transportation request during Kindergarten registration. Siblings do not automatically get assigned transportation so please ensure that you completed this step in the registration process.
If you have any questions about bus transportation please contact Assistant Principal Scott at email@example.com. She'll be glad to assist you.
· We’re looking for a Keurig for the Staff Lounge… maybe you have one that you’re not using any more and it needs a new home… we would love to set it up in the Staff Lounge for our teachers’ enjoyment! Please email Sarah Edge: firstname.lastname@example.org.
· We are excited to welcome several new staff members to our Jeffreys Grove Family! Included in this count are 4 new Spanish Immersion teachers from Participate Learning, a program that recruits foreign exchange teachers who play a key role in our immersion program and cultivating global citizenship in all of our students. These teachers will arrive in the U.S. over the coming weeks with a suitcase, but that’s all. Our Jeffreys Community has traditionally helped support our arriving Participate staff by donating new/gently used items to help them get settled. If you have anything you’re willing to give (furniture, kitchen utensils, mattress/bed frame, etc.), please visit this sign up. Thank you to our JG Community in advance!!
· It’s time for our GoPlaySave Fundraiser! GO support local businesses, PLAY all year long, and SAVE money at the same time. The money we raise through purchases of the GoPlaySave Coupon books will support our Student Enrichment budget line which funds cultural events for all students (the well-loved Batik week for 5th graders, various residencies and performances for each of our other grades). Fundraising packets will be sent home once school starts, but you can start saving (and selling to your friends and family) today. Click here to get started! Hit the green button (“start selling!”) to create a link you can share. Questions? Please reach out to our GoPlaySave Chair, Jennifer Holding.
· Looking for ways to get connected with the JG PTA and other Jeffreys Grove families? Join Memberhub! The Jeffreys Grove PTA uses Memberhub as a means of communication with families throughout the year – be sure we have your up-to-date contact information so you receive the latest information.
· Did you miss the July newsletter? Click here to read our latest PTA newsletter.