Family Newsletter-November 3, 2020
Governor Brown released updated health metrics and guidance for students returning to in-person learning on Friday, Oct. 30. HSD is reviewing this new information, evaluating what it will mean for our district, and putting together a plan for the coming weeks. On Monday, Nov. 9, the School Board will take action on the District’s proposal, and plan details will be shared with families on Nov. 10. For additional information, please see the 2020-21 School Year page of the HSD website.
Mrs. Gina McLain
Important Dates to Remember
- Thurs., Nov. 5th: Schoolwide HAT DAY!!! Celebrate your school spirit by wearing your favorite hat.
- Thurs., Nov. 5th: End of 1st Quarter
- Fri., Nov. 6th: No School--Teacher Work Day and Family Conferences Prep
- Tues., Nov. 10th: K-6 Material Distribution, 1:00-4:00pm. See details below.
- Tues., Nov. 10th: Virtual Family Conferences--only in the evening. Schedule your conference through ParentVue.
- Wed., Nov. 11th: No School--Veteran's Day
- Thurs., Nov. 12th: No School--Virtual Family Conferences all day. Schedule your conference through ParentVue.
- Tues., Nov. 17th: Booster Club Dining Night out @ Chipotle 5:00-9:00pm. Detailed info below.
- Thurs., Nov. 26th & Fri. Nov. 27th: No School--Thanksgiving Holiday
View the HSD 2020-21 Calendar HERE
- K-6 Material Distribution--On Tuesday, Nov. 10th from 1:00-4:00pm we will be distributing the next round of materials students will need for learning and completing assignments. Items may include Language Arts, Math, other instructional materials and supplies, and prizes from last year's Jump Rope for Heart fundraiser. Please make sure to come by to pick up your student's materials. If you are not able to come during those hours, you can send a friend or neighbor. Just like last time, please drive up to the front of the school (bus lot), write your student's first and last name on a piece of paper to hold up in the car window, stay inside your car and a staff member will get your bag of materials to you.
- Student Meals for No School Days. Meals will not be delivered or distributed on November holidays or no-school days. However, students will receive double meals on Nov. 5, Nov. 12, and Nov. 25. For more information about student meals, visit www.hsd.k12.or.us/nutrition.
- Conferences Scheduled through ParentVue--Teacher/Parent conferences are coming up on Tuesday, Nov. 10th and Thursday, Nov. 12th. We are scheduling conferences through ParentVue this year. Please login to ParentVue to select a conference time for your child/children. Follow these directions for signing up for conferences. If you have any questions, please reach out to your child's teacher. If you need translation services, please let your child's teacher know that as well. We look forward to conferencing with you!
- Booster Club Dining Night out @ Chipotle info-- For in-person orders, mention our fundraiser prior to paying and we'll earn 33% for our school. When ordering online using their website or app, please use the following code: YKRFMCN . Fundraisers have been a part of our school communities and have supported a variety of activities, supplies, field trips, etc over the past years for our students. This fundraiser will be supporting teachers budgets and needs related to distance learning and/if when we return to school. We know that many of our families have been impacted in different ways regarding COVID-19 and want to make sure that you know there is no expectation to participate and/or donate in any of our fundraising events unless you feel comfortable and capable of doing so. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to reach out to Gina McLain, Principal at email@example.com and/or Crystal Geiger, Booster President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attention K-3 Families! Please complete our survey!
We need all K-3 families to fill out this survey. Read below for more details and refer to the complete email that was sent to you by your child's K-3 teacher on Monday.
It is important for us to have a sense of how many students would return to school in person if it is offered and how many students would elect to continue in CDL. As a reminder, the District has guaranteed access to CDL for the entire 2020-21 school year for families that may not want to take advantage of in-person opportunities if they become available
To help us plan, please answer the questions in this survey. If you have multiple children, please complete one survey per student. Please note that the HSD Student ID is optional to fill out.
Additional information about a return to in-person learning opportunities for entire grades of students will be communicated as soon as it is available; at this time, we are merely gathering information from PK - 3rd grade families.
Thank you very much for your assistance and ongoing patience. If you have any questions, please reach out to Gina McLain, Principal at email@example.com or 503-844-1360.
Lenox Booster Club--Spirit Wear and Lenox Swag now available!
Youth Tee: $10.00
Adult Tee: $12.00
Youth Hoodie: $18.00
Adult Hoodie: $25.00
Lenox Swag Tags are now available too! These fun trinkets are multi-use! Add them to a backpack, decorate on a tree, add it to a spirit wear gift, place in a scrapbook or on a notebook ... the possibilities are endless! Only $3 each. To purchase Lenox tags go to: "shop" tab on our website.
Make sure to sign up for an account on the website to receive all Booster related information.