By: Claudia Flores
During a business the Greeks usually give a firm hand shake and has direct eye contact with the other person. When having a meeting they find it correct to have it face to face not through phone or email. When having a meeting it is best to let them know 1 or 2 weeks in advanced and the day before the meeting call them to let them know. What you should wear to a meeting is dark colors and if you are a men a conservative business suit, if you are a women business suit or a dress. When you are at someones house it is correct to arrive 30 minutes late. ( That is punctual for them) Don't ever sit down until the hosts tells you that you can have a seat and they could tell you where to sit at. Also never begin eating until everyone has received their food and the oldest person is the one that gets served first. Complement their house and bring a small gift like flowers or dessert, they will always unwrap what you have brought them right away.
Cost of Living
The price of groceries is cheaper in Athens
To rent an apartment the price is lower in Athens the in Houston.
The Gas in Athens is more expensive then the one in Houston.
Where Will I Be Working?
Where I will be living
- Passport for Customer and spouse (previous passport if current one is less than two years old)
- Inventory, detailed and consularized by Greek Consulate in country of origin, to be TRANSLATED at destination (must include make, model and serial number of ALL APPLIANCES, the quality, and quantity, square feet, and color of any woven floor covering in the shipment and auto, if any)
- Law 1599 Form (Ipefthini di losi) stating that you will keep the goods in your possession for at least one year
- Letter from owner of goods authorizing Destination Agent to clear shipment
- Repatriating Greeks, persons with Greek ancestry, persons married to or children of Greek citizens, Greek Military and foreign EEC members
- Customer must have been abroad for at least two years
- Certificate of Repatriation (allows a Customer to bring goods into Greece duty-free) Inventory list
- Foreigners coming to work
- Certificate of Secondary Residence
- Housing Contract
- Bank Guarantee
- Hepatitis A
- Measles, rumps