Richmond Elementary Staff Bulletin
Making a difference today to create a better tomorrow.
February 12-23, 2018
I BELIEVE You Matter!!
I Believe in Honoring the Absent
We believe in you matter, we believe in relationships, we believe in helping others be successful, we believe in living above the line, we believe in keeping our day and we believe in Seeing the Problem, Owning the Problem. This month, our focus combines these Top 20 facets with Honor the Absent.
The conference I attended last week was powerful, to say the least. One of the highlights was listening to keynote speaker, Gerry Brooks. 'Grinch', in this clip, recognizes our school secretaries and their daily interactions within the office setting. LOVE THIS! Take a moment to think about the many challenges Dana faces each day, the many messages she gives and receives, the way she constantly faces and tackles Top 20 opportunities to make Richmond Elementary- and each of us- shine. We appreciate you, Dana! When you look at the conversation hearts background of this update, think of the many conversations we take part in and the many messages we give and receive each day. What messages do your conversation hearts deliver?
Reading is Our Super Power!
- Use reliable screening assessments to identify students with reading difficulties and follow up with formal and informal assessments to pinpoint each student's instructional needs.
- Select an intervention that provides an explicit instructional focus to meet each student's identified learning needs.
- Provide interventions where intensiveness matches student needs: the greater the instructional need, the more intensive the intervention. Assuming a high level of instructional quality, the intensity of interventions is related most directly to the size of instructional groups and amount of instructional time.
Feedback for Mary
MDE put out a teacher’s guide to the item samplers that has the DOK level, standard and answer for each question, plus the bonus of the rationale for each answer. See the link above for details and visit either Mary with questions. Go Spartans!
OUR WEEKS AT A GLANCE February 12-23, 2018
Monday the 12th
- Mary: Academic Team Meeting 9:00 DO
- Building RtI: 2:50 Kelly's Room
Tuesday the 13th
- Mary: PLC 9:00 DO
- Advisory 2:50 Media
- Mary: Elementary Principal Meeting 1:00 DO
- SAT 2:50 Media
Thursday the 15th
- No School Staff Development
- Office closed
- No School Presidents' Day holiday
- Mary: Math Expressions with Kristi 9:00 Office
- PTC Meeting 6:00 Lounge
- Word Game Wednesday at Recess
Thursday the 22nd
- Whole School 'Read-In' 2:00 Gym (blanket/pillow/pjs)
- Sock it to Reading! Wear socks! Family Groups 1:00-2:30
- Mary at CNN/DAC 8:30-2:30 Resource
Upcoming Important Dates
February 15: No School Staff Development Day
February 16, 19: Presidents' Day No School
February 20: PTC Meeting 6:00 PM Staff Lounge
February 27: Kindergarten Roundup
March 9: Three Hour Early Dismissal
March 12, 13, 15: Elementary Conferences
March 16: Richmond, Cold Spring, Rockville Only No School
March 20: Richmond Spring Music Concert 6:30 PM Richmond Elementary Gymnasium
August 7: CMLP Tech Summit: Albany HS
- Meeting 3/9 7:00am
- Meeting 2/23 7:00am
- Meeting 3/2 7:00am
- Referendum passed!!
- Meeting 3/5 at 7:30 Media
- Meeting 2/14 2:50 Media
- Meeting 2/28 2:50 Kelly's Room
- Meeting 2/12 2:50 Kelly's Room
All Standards HOME link- http://education.state.mn.us/MDE/dse/stds/
Reading Link- http://education.state.mn.us/MDE/dse/stds/read/
Science Link- http://education.state.mn.us/MDE/dse/stds/sci/
Social Link- http://education.state.mn.us/MDE/dse/stds/soc/
World Languages Link- http://education.state.mn.us/MDE/dse/stds/world/