December 12, 2021
Messages from Principal Lefere
RETURN TO LEARN INFORMATION AND UPDATES
As of December 13th, District 11 will be following new COVID guidelines based on the recommendations made by the El Paso County Health Department.
Two major changes are:
- MASKS: Wearing masks at school is optional for all students, families, and staff. Masks are still required on all buses.
- QUARANTINES: Automatic quarantines will not be required for close contacts or for students and staff that share a classroom/office with someone positive for COVID-19. There will continue to be quarantines for household contacts.
Please visit District 11's Return to Learning webpage for more information (link).
You can also contact the front office at Howbert Elementary if you have any questions (325-4200).
- Howbert is also looking for a long term teacher substitute (half-time) to serve as our gifted resource teacher during the second semester. Mrs. Herrera will be out on maternity leave. Please contact Toby Lefere if interested.
Choice Open Enrollment for 2022-2023 School Year
- Our Choice Open Enrollment window has opened! It will remain open until February 15th, 2022. Available spaces will be assigned and families will be notified in late February or early March. Families can apply here: https://www.d11.org/Page/308. Be sure to select the 2022-2023 school year.
Band & Orchestra Concerts - December 15th
The orchestra concert will begin at 6:30 in the gym. Orchestra students should arrive in Mrs. Dickey’s music room at 6:00 to get tuned up. Parents should go straight to the gym to get their seats. Students can leave cases and jackets in Mrs. Dickey’s music room against the walls. After the orchestra concert, they may go back in there to quietly pack up their things. Please make sure they take anything they brought with them from the music room (music, instrument and jacket). Band parents will be coming in to get seated as soon as the orchestra concert is finished. The band will be getting ready at the same time so this could be tricky!
The Band concert begins at 7:15. Students should arrive at 7:00 in Mrs. Dickey’s music room. When Mrs. Kennedy is finished with the orchestra concert, she’ll join band students in the music room to get warmed up. Band parents, please wait to get your seats until the orchestra concert is finished (no later than 7:00.) After our concert, we’ll need to clean up everything. Chairs, stands, etc. And make sure Mrs. Dickey’s music room is all cleaned up, too. Parent help would be greatly appreciated.
Please remind your child to practice regularly, about 20-30 minutes a day. They have a list of songs to be practicing. When they practice, what you hear should sound like real songs now!
Dress for the winter concert is “fancy”. Dress up nice!
Be sure the students remember to bring their instrument and their music!
- Masks are optional.
- We ask that families give adequate audience spacing to follow the Covid safety protocols.
The students are working hard and getting very excited to perform for you!
Thank you for supporting Music Education in our schools!
If you have any questions, please email.
See you there!
The Howbert PTO meets the 2nd Thursday of every month at 4pm. We will be meeting in-person but will also have a virtual option for those that would prefer to attend on WebEx.
*** Our next meeting is on Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 4pm. ***
We would love to see you at the meetings! It is a great way to share your thoughts, hear about happenings in the school and support the Howbert staff and students. And you don't have to commit to anything! Come to as many or as few meetings as works for you and your schedule.
📞Howbert Contact Info📱
Monday - Friday 7:30am - 3:30pm
Monday - Friday 8am - 2:30pm
Front Office: email@example.com
Tech Help: firstname.lastname@example.org