Adams Family newsletter
November 7 - November 11
From the principal's desk
Thank you all for a wonderful week. Hopefully everyone brought their biggest and best smiles on Friday for picture day!
Just a friendly reminder that students do not have school on Tuesday, November 8th. This Friday, November 11th, Adams Elementary will be honoring our veterans with a program at 10 AM. If you are a veteran or have know someone who is, please invite them to our program.
Enjoy the remaining part of your weekend and the extra hour of sleep today.
Monday, November 7th:
- Adams PAC Mtg @ 6:30
Tuesday, November 8th:
- No School for Students
Wednesday, November 9th:
Thursday, November 10th
Friday, November 11th:
- Adams Vet's Program at 10 AM
Adams Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
Items from our PAC
- 10/25 RedHawk Run! All students received a free Adams t-shirt from the sponsors featured on the back of the shirt. Our Adams community raised over $10,000 for Springbrook Naturalist field trips for every classroom multiple times a year, and off-campus field trip cost reduction! Thank you for your contribution to making that happen!
- 11/7 PAC meeting 6:30-8:00 p.m. in cafeteria/virtual: This is on MONDAY (because Tuesday is voting day). Our Parent Educator will join us, so please bring all your parenting questions. Our Parent Educator is such a great resource for families!
- 11/17 Extravaganza 5-7 p.m.: We're partnering together to have this even be marvelous! We're bringing Burn Boot Camp in to promote counting and movement. The public librarians are planning to do an origami craft with you. And, we'll have a limited supply of COLD STONE ice cream for sale, too ($5, cash, credit or check; proceeds support programming at Adams).
- 11/22 Restaurant Night @TX Roadhouse 4:00-8:00. This one is going to be FUN! Join us for some line dancing, good food, and great company! You might even catch a glimpse of Andy the (dancing) Armadillo!
From our volunteer service coordinator (VSC)
What an October! We had the RedHawks Fun Run, which was a blast. Thank you to everyone who came out to cheer and special thanks to those who grabbed a marker and recorded laps! The Adams PAC hosted their Spooky Science night, with CRHS student volunteers. The experiments were a big hit! And we've had volunteers doing workroom projects, hanging artwork, and assisting on Picture Day. You are awesome!
What's coming up:
- K-Skillbuilders (View a training, then work one-on-one with students to build their math and literacy skills. School day hours.)
- Adams PAC Meeting (Find out what else they've got planned and hear updates from our principal and parent educator. Nov. 7th @ 6:30p)
Character Strong - Gratitude
From our School Social Worker
Cold Weather Rule: It’s Cold Weather Rule Time again (CWR)! CWR runs from October 1st to April 30th every year and provides protections to eligible utility customers from having electricity/natural gas shut off during this time. Customers may need to request protection and commit to a payment plan.
Attached, please find Cold Weather Rule FAQS. Additional Flyers in multiple languages can be found here, if useful.
Many Energy Provider’s Websites contain Cold Weather Rule information, you may click on each provider below for more information/ application to apply for protection.
For information about Energy Assistance Programs for (2022-2023) in Anoka County, including income guidelines and applications, please visit the ACCAP site- The Energy Assistance Program began October 1st and ends May 31st, 2023:https://accap.org/energy-assistance/. Links for additional utility assistance programs, including The Salvation Army’s Heatshare, can be found here as well.
- Please note: Some programs may require a denial for local county assistance, etc. to quality. Please check each site to see what program requirements are.
- Further information on Anoka County Emergency Assistance programs that may assist prevent utility shut offs for eligible households: https://www.anokacountymn.gov/199/Emergency-Programs
Adams Redhawks are Kind, Safe, Respectful and Responsible
This e-newsletter is published by Adams Elementary School. Questions, comments or concerns about the school e-newsletter? Contact us.