5th Grade News!
For the Week of October 19-23
- Discovering and analyzing literary elements in poetry
- Writing poetry using literary elements, such as alliteration and imagery
- Exploring the flow of electricity in parallel and series circuits
Using division with decimals to solve problems
- Exploring differences between Loyalists and Patriots in the Thirteen Colonies and how those differences led to the American Revolution
Due FRIDAY, OCTOBER 23
Math - Homework #7
Reading - Poetic Perceptions
Science - No homework this week!
Information and News
- October 23: Report Cards go home
- October 30: Book Character Parade
Please have your students bring a set of earbuds to school. These can be kept in their pencil pouches.
- Stay informed of the latest TWE happenings! “Like” our Facebook page at TWE PTA and follow us on our Twitter page (@TWEPTA). Once our Facebook page reaches 500 “Likes”, we will have drawings for free TWE spirit gear!
- Join the PTA! Your participation and voice are welcomed and needed to shape the direction of our planning and collaboration with Tom Wilson Elementary. Please join by going to our website at: http://twepta.org/twepta2014/index.php/en/spirit-store. Questions? Contact Kim Eckhardt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Get your TWE Yearbook NOW! TWE Yearbooks are on sale at their lowest price of $30 until 23rd. When you pre-order your yearbook by Oct. 23rd, you will receive 4 icons FREE with the purchase of the $5 personalization. What a great deal! At this time, you will also be able to purchase a custom ad to send a special message to your child. These custom ads are only available while supplies last. To pre-order your TWE Yearbook, go to http://jostensyearbooks.com and type in Tom Wilson Elementary. Yearbook orders will only be taken on-line. If you have any questions, please contact Stephanie Manko at email@example.com.