SAN JOAQUIN CREEKSIDE PTSA
Monthly Newsletter - Edition 2
THE NEW SAN JOAQUIN CREEKSIDE PTSA WELCOMES YOU!
Happy October! In this edition, you will find information for the following:
1. Pledge and Membership Drive
2. Red Ribbon Week - 10/25-10/29
3. Reflections - Deadline Submission 10/31
4. November PTSA Association Meeting - 11/2
5. Fall Festival - 11/12
JOIN OUR PTSA TODAY!
Your support is crucial to our success. Please consider joining our PSTA. Your voice makes a difference by being an advocate for all our students. Your membership and pledge donations help PTA fund amazing student programs like Reflections, Red Ribbon Week, Fall Festival, Teacher Appreciation Week, and more!
To join the SJC PTSA and/or make a donation, please visit our TOTEM link: https://jointotem.com/ca/irvine/san-joaquin-creekside-ptsa or scan our QR code below by opening the camera on your phone and point it at the QR code below. Anyone is welcome to join: parents, staff, students, grandparents, community supporters!
RED RIBBON WEEK
2021-2022 REFLECTION "I WILL CHANGE THE WORLD BY..." SUBMISSIONS DEADLINE 10/31
That’s the theme for the 2021-22 Reflections Art Program, which has been bringing the arts to life for more than 10 million students since 1969. California State PTA and its members, families and kids are on the forefront of this amazing program, which increases community awareness of the importance of arts in education.
Reflections encourages students of all ages to:
- Unleash creative talents and be inspired
- Express themselves imaginatively in their artwork
- Experience the fun and joy of making art
- Tap into critical-thinking skills to create art inspired by the annual theme
- Receive positive recognition for their original works of art.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Have your student come up with an original idea for their entry around this year’s theme, “I Will Change The World By…”
- Visit https://capta.org/resource/participant-forms/ for the Official Rules for each Category.
- Submit an Entry Form by clicking here. (All entries must be submitted via the Google Form and must not exceed 1GB file size.
- Entries are due Saturday, October 31, 2021.
For more information on the program, visit: https://capta.org/programs-events/reflections/
All students attending PTA schools sponsoring the program are invited to participate and submit original virtual artwork in one of seven areas:
2021-22 Rules by Category:
- Dance Choreography
- Film Production
- Music Composition
- Visual Arts
- Special Artist Division
Five decades. Ten million students. And you!
OCTOBER SJC PTSA ASSOCIATION MEETING
Tuesday, Nov. 2nd, 4pm
This is an online event.
Do you have ideas or suggestions for additional activities for our wonderful students? Please join us at our PTSA meeting on Tuesday, November 2nd @ 4PM. Zoom link coming soon.
FALL FESTIVAL COMING YOUR WAY!
Friday, 11/5/2021. Stay tuned for this Fall Festival Event.
SAN JOAQUIN CREEKSIDE PTSA ASSOCIATION MEETING DATES
November 2, 2021, 4 pm, Virtual
January 4, 2021, 4 pm, Virtual
February 1, 2021, 4 pm, Virtual
March 1, 2021, 4 pm, Virtual
April 5, 2021, 4 pm, Virtual
May 3, 2021, 4 pm, Virtual
Meetings will be held via Zoom, dates and times subject to change.