November 7, 2021
Messages from Principal Lefere
- I want to thank all families for attending their child's parent-teacher conference this year. Families are critical to the success of students at Howbert and your attendance at the conferences demonstrates your commitment to your child's success and your willingness to collaborate with teachers and support staff.
Choice Open Enrollment for 2022-2023 School Year
- Our Choice Open Enrollment window has opened! It will remain open until February 15th, 2022. Available spaces will be assigned and families will be notified in late February or early March. Families can apply here: https://www.d11.org/Page/308. Be sure to select the 2022-2023 school year.
New Library Furniture Input Needed
- The district has given Howbert the opportunity to purchase some new furniture items for the library. Look for information about joining a Guiding Coalition (SAC) meeting this month so that we can hear your thoughts and ideas.
Dino Attendance Challenge
- Between October 19th and 27th we had a friendly attendance challenge with Midland Elementary and West Elementary. The winning school would be awarded a visit from a few almost real dinosaurs.
- Here are the results:
1st - With 98% attendance was Midland Elementary
2nd - With 94% attendance was West Elementary
3rd - With 92% attendance was Howbert Elementary
- Thank you to all students and families for giving it their best.
- We were able to randomly give out two sets of four tickets to attend the Dino show to Howbert families.
30th Street Corridor Project
- See link below for information about closings and improvements to streets surrounding Howbert.
Pre-K Farm Visit
The preschoolers visited the pumpkin farm and, as you can see, much fun was had!
Students worked through their recess making a tiny village out of sticks, gravel and other natural materials.
First Graders at lunch
First graders enjoying the sunshine on a beautiful autumn day!
From the Art Studio...
Art To Remember orders due by November 11th!
Once again, we've teamed up with Art to Remember to raise additional funds for the Visual Arts Program at Howbert and provided life-long keepsakes for your friends and family! Art to Remember transfers children’s artwork onto wonderful keepsake items, such as mugs, necklaces, phone cases, keychains, and more. The products make great gifts for the holidays!
You can view your student(s)' artwork and order at: https://arttoremember.com/school/S67S9L
Just search their name or use the code in the yellow bar at the bottom of their order information sheet. Order information sheets went home on Thursday.
You can also upload more artwork or order from past years!
Thanks for supporting the Visual Arts at Howbert! Please reach out with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Susie Gray, Art Teacher
Howbert is seeking volunteers to help with a variety of activities in our school! Each week, we will list volunteer opportunities here. There will either be a link to sign up or you can always give the school a call and we'll be happy to help.
❤The gift of your time is priceless to our students❤
The Howbert PTO meets the 2nd Thursday of every month at 4pm. We will be meeting in-person but will also have a virtual option for those that would prefer to attend on WebEx.
*** Our next meeting is on Thursday, November 11, 2021 at 4pm. This meeting is very important because we will be reviewing and determining teacher grants. If you are interested in being on this grant committee, please email howbertPTO@gmail.com ***
We would love to see you at the meetings! It is a great way to share your thoughts, hear about happenings in the school and support the Howbert staff and students. And you don't have to commit to anything! Come to as many or as few meetings as works for you and your schedule.
📞Howbert Contact Info📱
Monday - Friday 7:30am - 3:30pm
Monday - Friday 8am - 2:30pm
Front Office: email@example.com
Tech Help: firstname.lastname@example.org