Magee Friday Night News
September 29th, 2017
Clip chart for September
Monday Oct 2nd we will have our reward of popsicles and play, with an extra recess with Mr. Bauknecht while enjoying popsicles.
Each week the Magee Friday Night News will be sent out electronically. For the month of September we will also send a paper copy home. Skyward Family Access is where you can update your email address to receive the newsletter. Starting Friday October 6th, the newsletter will only be emailed out. You can also view the newsletter from the Magee webpage.
Specials Update-Computer class
Next week we will be wrapping up the end of our NWEA MAPS testing for grades K-8. Your student’s teacher will share MAPS results with you during parent-teacher conferences. If you’d like to take a look at more MAPS resources, check out ‘The Parent’s Guide to MAP Growth here.
Students in grades 1-4 are already logging into the computers. We will start logging in with Kindergarten students later this fall. Login names are your student’s legal first and last name, combined with a period. (For example: aaron.rogers). Does your student know how to spell his or her last name without looking at a paper for help? Ask him/her and find out if this is something you can work on at home together!
The next few weeks we will be working on lessons about the parts of a computer, keyboarding and internet safety.
Check out this website: PBS Parents for tips & tricks to raise an awesome kid! Includes child development resources for baby & toddler through teenage and issues & advice on raising boys, girls, financial hardships, and for military families.
* Please pull all the way forward in the pick up/drop off lane.
* If you are walking your child to the playground in the morning, please park on the road. Extra traffic in the drop off area slows down our mornings.
* The front driveway is for bus traffic only before school and after school. If you are dropping off students, please use the drop off lane on 36th Street or park on the road and walk up.
* Encourage any children walking to use cross walks where the crossing guards are present.
* All school doors are locked between 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM. Doors are unlocked when the 3:00 bell rings. Parents are asked to wait outside until 3:00.
No school-Friday Oct 6th
PTO Family Bingo Night
Thursday, Oct. 19th, 5:30pm
Oct 6th- No School for students
Oct 9th-13th- Fire Prevention Week
Oct 9th-10th- Vision Screening
Oct 19th- PTO Family Bingo Night
Oct 25th- Fall fundraiser pick up 2:30-5:00
Oct 27th- Picture retake day
Oct 30th- Spooky Story Night
Oct 31st- Orange and Black Day
Oct 31st- Tom Pease to perform