Susan B Anthony
A woman of many risks
- Grew up a quaker
- history of activism
- Teacher for 25 years
- Started as a teacher and left her job and started out as an abolitionist.
- Cut her hair and wore bloomers for a year as a protest against the societal views of women's clothing.
- Was arrested for trying to vote illegally
- Fought against people of higher power to get higher wages and shorter working hours.
- She protested for stricter temperance laws(alcohol)
Some people say that she wasn't taking her own risks but she was only following in the path of other activists. This is not true because she worked alongside activists that are well known but she was not under them.