MCA Weekly Wrap-Up!
Primary & KinderPrep Family News - Oct. 26, 2018
We have a LOT going on in the next few weeks! Please take time to read through all the upcoming events in this newsletter. Many of our high school students and some staff are at Fort Hayes this weekend as our MCA volleyball team plays in the State Championship for the first time ever! We are so proud of our girls! Go, Eagles!
This coming week we have our Fall Update on Monday evening. That will be a great opportunity for you to hear about the exciting things going on at MCA this year! The PowderPuff football event is next Saturday, and there will be a special opportunity for our elementary students to play some GaGa Ball! Then the Thanksgiving feasts will be here before we know it!
I love this time of year! Planning to see family and friends, and celebrate the blessings God has given us that we don't deserve. The trees are beautiful, but even more importantly, God's love for us is the most beautiful thing we can ever experience. I'm so thankful to be at Maranatha where we can celebrate not only friendship and good food, but God's love for us!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Lost and Found
Join us for our Upcoming Thanksgiving Feasts!
ELEMENTARY Feast Details:
When? Thursday, November 15, 2018
What time? There are three different shifts.
· Kindergarten and First grade will eat at 10:40
· Second and Third grade will eat at 11:40
· Fourth through Sixth grade will eat at 12:40
How can I purchase tickets?
· Elementary students will automatically be billed $6.50 on your tuition statement for lunch that day. If you would like for them to opt out of this meal, please contact Heidi (at North) or Karen (at South).
· Families are invited to attend! Tickets are $8.00 per person and can be purchased online at https://bngn.smarttuition.com/?id=dj0xz02vshu#/home/ . Do not purchase a ticket for your elementary student, as they will be billed automatically. Tickets must be purchased no later than Sunday, November 11th so we can plan for enough food for all. (If you are unable to purchase online, you may reserve a ticket by emailing Mrs. Howell no later than November 11th, and you can pay by cash or check when you arrive at the feast. The purchase price for these tickets goes up to $9.00 if you choose to pay this way.)
Don’t delay! Please purchase your tickets by Sunday, November 11th!
KINDERPREP Feast Details:
When? Friday, November 16th, 2018
What time? 11:30-1:00
Where? MCA Gym
More Info: Each room will be assigned to bring a specific side or dessert, and MCA will provide the meat and rolls for everyone. This is a "potluck style" dinner, so no ticket is required. Please watch for information from your teacher regarding your assigned food contribution!
Service Opportunities for Kids!
We are entering a special season of generosity as we are thankful for the many things God has blessed us with! Once again, we are collecting food and toys for the City Union Mission to help families right here in Kansas City. We will be collecting items on both campuses through November 13th. You can see more details in the flyer below.
We were also blessed this week with the opportunity to hear from a special speaker who received a shoebox from Operation Christmas Child as a young girl. She shared about the impact that box made on her coming to know Jesus as her Savior later in life. We are also collecting shoeboxes if you'd like to participate in this special opportunity, as well. Click here for instructions and labels for the Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes. Shoeboxes are due to MCA by November 9th.
Elementary After-School Activities
Every classroom teacher offers a "helps class" before or after school during the week. Watch for specific information in your child's classroom newsletter about this opportunity!
Bricks for Kids Lego Club (for grades 1-5):
Begins again November 2! See the flyer below for information about how to sign up!
Friday, October 26th-
Harvest Parties (Elementary 2:00-3:00, KinderPrep TBA)
Monday, October 29th-
MCA Fall Update 6:30-8:00 p.m. (details in flyer below)
Saturday, November 3rd-
MCA Powder Puff Games 1:00-3:00 p.m. with a special elementary activity at 1:45 (details in flyer below)
Monday, November 12th-
KinderPrep-12th Grade NO SCHOOL in observance of Veteran's Day
Thursday, November 15-
Elementary Thanksgiving Feast and Colonial Days (If you'd like to help plan Colonial Days, you're invited to a meeting on November 1st at 3:30 in Mrs. Orndorff's room.)
Friday, November 16th-
KinderPrep Thanksgiving Feast
K-12 Thanksgiving Break- No School
KinderPrep Closed for Thanksgiving Break