Returning Student Registration
CCHS Returning Student Registration Information 2021
Excited to start the new school year
The Culver City High School staff are excited to welcome back our Centaurs.
This newsletter is in follow-up to a mailing you may have received or will receive in the next few days and provides information about our returning student registration days, yearbook pictures, Freshman Orientation, parent nights, school bell schedule and district calendar, and more.
School newsletters are sent out weekly with important information. Please read them regularly to stay abreast of important school news. It is important to update your contact information (email addresses and phone numbers) should they change so you can stay informed.
We look forward to an exciting 2021-22 school year!
Dr. Cooper, Principal
Mrs. Nicholson, Assistant Principal, Athletics, CTE, Arts, Attendance, Discipline (A-K)
Mr. Rodriguez, Assistant Principal, Activities, Attendance and Discipline (L-Z)
Dr. Tarvyd, Assistant Principal, Curriculum & Instruction
Message from CCUSD, Assistant Superintendent Quinn
Dear CCUSD staff and families of TK-12 grade students,
Here’s our latest update regarding safety protocols/plans for students returning to school. We recognize that these protocols and guidelines change frequently and will continue to update you as changes occur.
First and foremost, CCUSD will always follow the most current LACDPH guidelines and will always prioritize the safety of our students and staff.
· In-person learning: We are still planning for a full return of students to school in the Fall; we do not expect that the LACDPH will implement capacity limits again.
· Masks and Distancing: LACDPH protocols state that everyone is required to wear masks indoors, whether vaccinated or not. Masking outdoors is optional. There are no physical distancing requirements indoors or outdoors, but that practice is still recommended where possible.
· Cleaning and Sanitizing: We are continuing our cleaning/disinfecting/HVAC filter replacement procedures from last year.
· COVID Testing and Vaccinations: We will continue to provide COVID testing whenever needed or appropriate - details will be forthcoming. Though we are no longer offering vaccines, anyone still needing a vaccine can check for locations at this site: My Turn - California COVID-19 Vaccine Scheduling & Notifications
· Exposure Management: We are following the relevant LACDPH protocol which addresses how we respond to positive cases and/or close contacts. The current version of that plan from LACDPH is linked from the “COVID Communications” section of our website: https://www.ccusd.org/apps/pages/COVID-Updates
· Updates/Changes: We will continue to update COVID case information on our website Dashboard: COVID-19 Dashboard (ccusd.org)
· Meals: School meals will be served in the cafeteria. Meals will be eaten outside when possible. Indoor seating will be discouraged.
Please feel free to contact your school site administrators with any questions or concerns.
Assistant Superintendent, Business Services
Culver City Unified School District
(310) 842-4220 x4226
CCHS Returning Student Registration
CCHS mailed returning student registration information to each family on July 28th. Parents can start completing the student registration information via their parent Aeries account starting July 30th.
Parents joining us from Culver City Middle School will use the same Aeries.net logins they used at the Middle School.
During CCHS’ in-person returning students registration, students will:
- Turn in 2 registration forms (New Emergency Card & Daily Emergency and Disaster Release Information Form)
- Pick up a list of their classes
- Check out textbooks
- Take yearbook and School ID Photo
- Have the opportunity to purchase Culver Gear
- Access their lockers (If COVID-19 guidelines allow)
- Meet representatives from parent groups
- Receive and register a TAP card through our partnership with Culver City Bus
Incoming 9th graders, Monday, August 9th - Click here to make an appointment for 9th grade returning registration.
Incoming 10th graders, Wednesday, August 4th - Click here to make an appointment for 10th grade returning registration.
Incoming 11th graders, Friday, August 6th - Click here to make an appointment for 11th grade returning registration.
Incoming 12th graders, Thursday, August 5th - Click here to make an appointment for 12th grade returning registration.
Make up registration, Friday, August 13th - If you are unable to make it to your grade level’s registration day, Click here to make an appointment for Make-Up registration.
CCUSD Nurses will offer free COVID testing for our students during limited hours. More information will be sent out as it becomes available.
Summer Mailing sent
visit parent row at registration
Please plan on visiting the following parent groups during our registration event:
Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA)
Black/African American Affinity Parent Group
La Fuerza de Latinos Unidos
Special Education support will also be available to answer student questions.
Yearbook pictures & student ID picture
COVID testing for students
During CCHS registration days, the CCUSD nurses will be available to COVID test CCHS students between the hours of 10 am-12 pm.
If you are interested in CCUSD's Rapid Antigen COVID testing, please use the link below to register on our platform - Primary Health. For those that have registered in the past, you will need to re-register for the upcoming school year. RAPID COVID TEST REGISTRATION FOR STUDENTS.
If you are in need of a PCR test, please contact a health staff team member at 310-842-4200 ext. 3331 and please note that PCR tests will only be offered to:
1) confirm any positive Rapid Antigen test results,
2) anyone who is ill or has been exposed to COVID, and/or
3) indoor athletes as required by the Los Angeles Department of Public Health.
In order to participate in PCR testing as needed, please make sure that you have also registered on Color: PCR REGISTRATION FOR STUDENTS
If you are unable to attend the school's testing site, there are testing locations throughout Los Angeles and can be found HERE ******************************
CCHS is closely monitoring COVID protocols. As of now, the orientation is planned as an in-person event. Should changes need to be made we will send an email to students at their CCUSD email address and a message to Freshmen parents through our SchoolMessenger system.
2021-22 Class Schedules
On the first day of school, all students will attend an orientation period where they will receive a copy of their schedule.
If you are interested in participating in any sport(s) for the 2021/2022 school year, you must complete the athletic clearance process. Culver City High School has streamlined their athletic clearance process. CCHS athletes must be cleared through www.athleticclearance.com. PARENTS need to create an account for this website to create clearances for each of their children (Please do not use student’s CCUSD email addresses for account set up). Physical exam forms are to be printed from the site or from the school athletic website and filled out by a physician. Upload physical exam forms to www.athleticclearance.com. Should you have any questions, please contact Tonya Mclinn 310-842-4200 ext. 3512 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com.
Support student activities/AVPA/athletics - Buy your ASB card
Zoom link will be included in future editions of the Principal's Newsletter and sent out via SchoolMessenger a few days before the event.
AP and Honors Summer Work Information
AP and Honors summer work assignments are due via Canvas by August 1st. Click here for a link to the AP/Honors summer work list. This information has been communicated with students in the past.
Students who DO NOT submit their Honors/AP work by the due date will be dropped from the class.
Incoming 9th graders and new Centaurs can turn in their summer work on the first day of school.
Should you have questions, please contact Dr. Tarvyd, Assistant Principal, Curriculum and Instruction at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 310-842-4200 ext. 3301.
Message from the Curriculum Office
Summer Reading Lists: As Centaurs start to prepare for the 2021-22 school year, please remember to complete your summer reading and assignment before the beginning of school.
All students have a summer reading assignment. The summer reading lists can be found by clicking the link. Click here to access the summer work for English classes.
Bell Schedule 2021-22 School year
CCUSD School Calendar 2021-22
TAP cards available at registration for Free bus rides
Students will be able to ride buses FREE of charge with their registered student TAP card.
CCHS School Administration
310-842-4200 ext. 3322
Secretary - Ms. Guinn - email@example.com - ext. 3322
Mrs. Ebony Nicholson, Assistant Principal, Athletics, Attendance, Discipline (A-K)
310-842-4200 ext. 3317
Secretary - Mrs. Osborne - firstname.lastname@example.org - ext. 3328
Mr. Oscar Rodriguez, Assistant Principal, Activities, Attendance, Discipline (L-Z)
310-842-4200 ext. 3349
Secretary - Ms. Martinez - email@example.com - ext. 3327
Dr. Kelli Tarvyd, Assistant Principal, Curriculum and Instruction
310-842-4200 ext. 3301
Secretary - Mrs. Barnhardt - firstname.lastname@example.org - ext. 3326