Erin School Friday Folder
April 30th 2021
- Monday May 3rd-NO SCHOOL-Professional Learning Day
- Wednesday, May 5th, 4:00pm- Wax Museum Performance- 3rd Grade
- Wednesday, May 12th, 6:30pm- 8th grade Capstone and Musical Showcase
- May-Virtual Grandparents Day Performance
- Monday, May 17th-6.30pm-PTC meeting (date change)
- Tuesday, May 18th, 6:30pm- Fine Arts Night- 5th, 6th, and 7th Grades
Dear Parents and Guardians,
As of Friday, April 30, we only have 22.5 days until school is out. When we started this school year, I told the Erin staff I was predicting only two weeks before we would be closing our doors once again. I can tell you I have never been so happy to be so wrong.
This year we have learned so much about how to stay open in a pandemic. We could not have done it without your help. Thank you for everything you have done from keeping possible sick children home, having children tested, waiting for the test results to return, and working with children when they were placed in quarantine.
Over the last 30 days, we have seen a decrease in COVID within our school and county. We contribute this to multiple factors but the biggest is the precautions we are continuing to do to keep the spread down. We are not fools and realize the virus is still around. Just last week, I had a person in our school test positive. However, with our precautions in place we did not need to close our doors or even quarantine a class. After conducting our contact tracing, we identified only two students who we needed to isolate and the rest of the school went on as normal.
At the April 26th Board meeting, I presented an updated SOP outlining safety precautions we are going to continue, those we are going to stop doing and those we are going to start relaxing.
Smaller lunch groups
Cohorted entrances and dismissals
Limit building access
Recess cohorting (kids can play with other grade levels at recess)
Prohibit children from playing on the playground after school. ( Now allowed with a parent present.)
Require using dividers between students/staff.
Using tools to promote spacing between students (i.e. foam seating)
At the March 22, 2021 and April 26, 2021 school board meeting, the Board approved relaxing the masking for students in our school to the following:
1. When students move, they are expected to mask (nose and mouth). This means when they are up and going around the room or building.
2. When students are talking to each other closer than three feet, they should mask over their mouth.
3. If they are not within three feet of another student (i.e. desk/hallway/sitting on floor reading) they can have their mask down/ off.
4. Students do not need to mask outside or while eating.
5. Hosting events with limited capacity such as concerts, field trips, 3rd grade wax museum, capstone project, golf outing, promotion, etc.
6. Permitting vaccinated visitors in the building.
7. Moving from 6 foot distance to 3 foot distance.
I would encourage everyone to keep working with us so we can get back to a normal practice without having to repeat last March and move to a complete virtual environment when we only have 22.5 days left to the school year. We are in the last mile of a marathon, which is the hardest part of the race to complete (so I am told). We will get through this if we stay the course and stay focused on the goal, which is to finish the school year in a face-to-face setting.
Erin School Internet Survey
* log into Skyward
* on left side click on Technology Survey (right under Home)
* even though it will say that you have completed the survey during registration it actually was not. You will need to click on each student's name to complete it.
* then click the Mark Technology Survey-Please Complete as not completed and make changes link
* then click on the a. Student Information link in the District Message box on the right
* then click edit 1a on the bottom.
* complete all steps in the survey and hit submit.
Again, you’ll have to do this for each of your children.
Thank you for taking the time to do this.
School Lunches for Virtual Learners
- Orders can be placed between 9:00 am Friday and 9:00 am Monday.
- Orders need to be picked up on Wednesdays between 1:45 pm-2:15 pm at the rear entrance of Erin School.
Meals are no cost regardless of free/reduced eligibility until federal funding is exhausted.
Complete one order form per child you are picking up for. Children may only receive 1 lunch per scheduled school day; receiving meals from more than one community location is prohibited.
Questions? Contact Cathy Conway at firstname.lastname@example.org or (262)673-3720 ext. 4140
After School Enrichment Programs
Check out this link for all the information.
* Interested in a PTC leadership position?
Interested in being part of the PTC for the 2021/2022 school year? The following positions are up for election: Vice President (2-year term), Treasurer (2-year term) and Executive Members (3 positions, one-year terms). If you are interested in any of these positions, please complete the below form and drop it off at the front office by May 4, 2021 at 3:00pm.
The election meeting will be on Monday May 17th 2021 at 6:30pm in the Library at Erin school or joined virtually via zoom:
For description of the above positions, please see the PTC by laws.