(For 9/8/20 -9/11/20) Learn. Empower. Accept. Develop.
Pik My Kid Questions related to Lone Star
Parents, the program we are using to keep track of dismissal and organize the methods that our students use at end of day is called Pik My Kid (PMK). Here are a few questions/answers we have had.
1. Will PMK make the car rider line take longer? No. We will still be loading the same amount of cars at a time regardless. We expect the line to take longer because we have more car riders. The use of a different system is irrelevant. Things that slow down the car rider line: not showing your child's ID#, getting out of the car to buckle car seats, having students enter the driver's side of the back seat, tiny feet taking tiny steps down a looooong hallway and sidewalk! Thank you for being patient!
2. Do I need to download the app to announce arrival/get notifications, etc? The parent app is a bonus that allow you to have knowledge of when your child is dismissed. If you are able to announce your arrival through the app, your child's name shows up in the classroom, and they begin their walk to the car line. Otherwise, once we see your number, we enter it, and they are dismissed. Both methods work. Please make sure we see your child's car rider ID number by attaching it to your passenger visor. *Turn on the notifications in the setting portion of the app to receive these. Parents can choose to be notified that their child is dismissed for any method of transportation - bus, day care, car rider, walk up.
3. I don't know my child's Pik My Kid ID number! Your child's teacher will get an updated list of ID numbers by Monday, and they can email it to you. If you choose to download the app, you can find your child's 3 digit ID number next to their name in the "support" screen option, or by clicking on the pencil icon, then on the blue edit button. *Grades 1-5 car riders will receive a personalized car tag on Tuesday, Sept 8th. Please attach the tag to your passenger visor.
4. How can I make a dismissal change? You can make a dismissal change via the app (click on the pencil icon) or by using our campus transportation email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your child's teacher on all communication to make sure they are aware.
5. If I use the app, can anyone with my phone number gain access to my child's information? No. Your child's account is only accessible through the phone that is associated with the account. You cannot give access to someone else by having them log in with your phone number. If you want to add a 2nd phone number/guardian, email the information to Dr. Bartlett. If you ever need to give access for a short time period (if you are out of town, for example), you can use the "delegate" link on the app, or you can email Dr. Bartlett.
Monday, 9/7 - Staff and Student Holiday
Tuesday, 9/8 - Welcome Back, Everyone!
For children/carpool groups that will be Walk Up Dismissal EVERY DAY, we will accept the first 75 responses. Walk Up parents will PARK & WAIT at THE CHURCH next door. Wait at the edge of the sidewalk, but please socially distance & DO NOT bunch up.
Morning Arrival and Afternoon Dismissal (PK-5th)
Parents, until further notice, please help us with social distancing by following these guidelines:
1. Car riders should stay in the car until greeted by staff. Please do not park and walk your child to the sidewalk.
2. Parents are not allowed to walk their children into the front door foyer at this time. Students should exit the car in the car rider line.
3. If your child is tardy, please park and walk them to the front door. You will be allowed to come into the foyer entrance, and Mrs. Davis will check them in.
1. Dismissal begins at 3:40 pm. Please make any changes to your child's transportation by 2:30 pm.
2. If you are picking your child up before 3:00 for an appointment, please come into the front office to confirm with Mrs. Davis, then wait in the front door foyer until your child appears. Your child will exit through the front office doors to you after Mrs. Davis releases them.
3. WE WILL ACCOMMODATE UP TO 75 WALK UP DISMISSAL STUDENTS; PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM ABOVE. THE FORM WILL CLOSE ONCE WE REACH 75.
4. Our staff will not be buckling your children or placing them into a car seat. If you will need to buckle seat belts, car seat clips, change seats, etc., please stay in the line and then park to do so. Parents, do not get out of the car while in the car rider line. Children will enter your car via the rear-passenger door. If this presents a problem, please consider rearrangement of car seats/ booster seats before school starts. Out of concern for student and staff safety, we DO NOT want children walking around the car to enter through the driver's side rear door.
If you come to our school, and there are more than 4 people waiting in our front entry foyer, please wait outside.
**Item Delivery: If you need to drop off an item for your child, we have a table in the front entry foyer. Place their name on a provided sticky note and leave it on the table. We will take care of this for you.
We are so excited to see how our returning students have grown since March and meet our new students on Tuesday! All staff have been happy buzzing worker bees preparing for a for the next phase of re-opening. LSE is ready!
Please re-read the www.MISD.org main web page, on left: "Montgomery Moving Forward" COVID Health Response and then Student Health Protocols then underneath "Student Exposure/Diagnosis Flow Chart. This explains in detail what symptoms to check your children for daily before they come to school, what to do if you child has symptoms, or if your child comes into close contact with anyone that tests positive to Covid-19.
Please check out my website for reliable information from our nation, state , and county. Also, some fun handwashing videos made by our Aggies and link to American Academy of Pediatrics- Covid info.
Have a great Labor Day! I hope your family will enjoy perfectly grilled hot dogs or an organized water balloon toss or a reading on a hammock or any activity that meets your definition of fun or relaxing.
Please call or email with any questions
Monica Lemke, R.N.
LSE School Nurse