Just because it is online doesn't mean it doesn't hurt
Three differences between cyberbullying and bullying
- Cyberbullying can happen 24 hours 7 days a week and can get to a kid even when he/she is alone, day or night.
- Cyberbullying can be done anonymously. and can be sometimes impossible to to track the source of the bullying.
- Deleting innapropriate messages, and pictures, posted online can be very difficult to do
Effects of cyberbullying
Cyberbulling can cause a kid to:
- Do drugs and alchol
- Be unwilling to attend school
- Receive poor grades
- Have lower self-esteam
- Experiance health problems
Prevention and awareness
parents can help prevent cyberbullying by:
- Being aware of what your kids are doing online
- Establish rules about technology use
- enxourage your kids to tell you imediatly if they, or someone else they know is being cyberbullied.
- Know the sites that your kids vist and their online activities
- Ask for their password for emergencys
Reporting a cyberbully
when you are being cyberbullied you should:
- Not respond and not forward cyberbulling message
- Keep evidence of cyberbullying
- Block whoever is cyberbullying you