Greenwich Free Library
Gradual Reopening Update
Beginning to Start
After a couple weeks of duck-wrangling, we are finally ready to slowly start reopening our physical services. As we all know, anything can change at any time but here is our current plan:
Starting Monday, June 8th
Book Drops will be open. We encourage you to bring back the piles of books and movies you have at home. We expect a bit of a flood and will be emptying the book drops several times a day. Please use the front (To the right of the front door) and back book drops.
Please do not bring us donations at this time! Many people used their time at home to clean out. We cannot manage donations while dealing with the returns.
Returns will be quarantined for 72 hours and then checked in. The courier service will not be running, so we will hold on to all items from other libraries until the courier restarts. The courier service will need to move tens of thousands of items back to their home libraries, so normal interlibrary loan services won't start for a while.
Starting Monday, June 15th (See below for our modified hours)
Curbside service will open. The public will NOT be admitted into the building.
All returns will still go into the drop boxes for quarantine.
Remember that the courier isn't running, so we can only get you the items we have on hand.
Please limit yourself to five requests per card.
- You may request books and movies using the online catalog or by calling the library.
- In the online catalog, click on the availability box next to the title of the book you looked up. If Greenwich is listed and the book is in - we should be able to get it for you.
- Once we have filled your request, we will call to check out the items to you. Do we have a current phone number for you? Have your card handy, we will need the number.
- We will arrange a pickup time and method.
- For porch pickup, there will be a package with your name on it.
- For touchless car delivery, call when you get to our lot and open your trunk.
- Please check to make sure you have the correct items before you leave.
We will be accepting donations by appointment only! Make sure to call ahead.
Here is what the Friends of the Library is accepting for resale:
- Adult fiction in good condition, clean and published within the last ten years.
- Children’s books in good condition, clean but publish dates are not important.
- Young adult books, history and biographies etc. in good or better condition.
- No reference books, cook books, magazines. games etc.
- Nothing musty, moldy, torn or dirty
We are making plans for the limited reopening of the building to the public but do not know when that will start.
We are very sorry to have to say that we will not be bringing volunteers back into the building until further notice.
We are so happy to start acting like a library again.
We can't wait to talk to you and see you from afar.
We appreciate your cooperation and patience as we navigate this new situation.
Curbside Service Hours
Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10am to 2pm
Tuesday and Thursday from 4pm to7pm
Saturday from 10am to 1pm