The Weekly Update #13 10/30
October 23, 2023
Weekly News (Week of October 30th)
Principal Nelson's Thoughts
Need to Know
- Make Up Picture Day is Nov.7th. We are also excited to offer the opportunity to have holiday pictures taken this year as well. Please see flyer for more details.
- Session 2 Clubs start on Monday 10/30.
- We have partnered with Peach Skin Sheets for their Holiday sales event. Please see the flyer below if you are interested
- On October 31st, we will have Book Character Day and a parade for our students. Please see details below regarding costume guidelines.
- All ice cream birthday orders must be placed in SchoolPay no later than 4pm on the Thursday before the week you would like to celebrate the birthday.
- Past newsletters are archived on our school website and can be found here
Need to do
- If your student has a Veteran in the family, we would love to honor them at our Annual Veteran's Day Ceremony on November 10th. Please complete this form by November 6th at 11:59.
- If interested, see details on how to order your 7 Mindsets t-shirt here!
- Did you forget to order a house shirt? It’s not too late! Order your child’s house shirt here https://sharonhouse.itemorder.com.
5th Grade Parents
If you would like your 5th Grader recognized with the rest of their class, please be sure to submit your ad BEFORE 11/30. You can include a message and up to 3 pictures. Ads can be designed and submitted HERE.
Want Your Kid in the Yearbook?
We are currently looking for pictures from: Cultural Night and Math League Competition on 10/14, and Crumbl Spirit Night on 10/26. Please help us fill up the 23-24 Sharon yearbook with great photos!
1. Download the "Yearbook Snap" app (made by Walsworth Publishing) to your phone.
2. Find your child's school: "Sharon Elementary". The passcode is "Knights".
3. Upload photo and note what school event it was taken at, or if it is a general candid photo, include the grade level (example: 2nd grade recess). Unfortunately, photos cannot be used unless there is a note on them saying what event the photo is from.
The PTO provided a snacks & drinks fridge for our teachers earlier this year, which is stocked with snacks and goodies once a month. We've had parents asking for a chance to help, so here it is!
Please use the sign up sheet below to sign up to bring a food item. If you're strapped for time, you can also sign up to pay for an item, and we'll go pick it up!
All items can be dropped at the front atrium of the school with Kerrie Williams. Please label with "Teacher Fridge." One more way to love on our teachers!
- Our October Mindset is "We are Connected!" This mindset encourages students to seek out and maximize positive relationships with people who can help them achieve their dreams. Students will explore the idea of surrounding themselves with people who build them up and inspire them to live their best lives. They will learn to actively seek ways to offer kindness in order to strengthen these relationships! You can encourage your student to find these positive relationships and build their dream team!
- Our November Mindset is "Attitude of Gratitude"
- 31-Book Character Dress up day
- 3-7 Mindset Student of the Month celebration (7:45 cafe)
- 7- Make-up Picture Day/ Holiday Pictures
- 7-Election Day
- 7-PTO Spirit Night (Alessio’s)
- 7-PTO Board Meeting: Tower
- 8-Family Connect Night
- 8-5th Grade Field Trip
- 10-Veteran’s Day Celebration 7:30 -8:45 am
- 10- LSC meet at Lambert 9:00
- 13- World Kindness Day
Click to see our School Calendar for more dates throughout the year!
⭐ Shining Knights ⭐
3rd Grade ROCKS
Book Character Day Parade
On Tuesday, October 31st, we will have a “Story Book Character Parade”.
All children Pre-K through 5th grade will be allowed to come dressed as their favorite storybook character. Students can come to school, dressed in a costume, portraying their favorite character from that story. The story may be fictional or non-fictional. Children should bring their book to school on that day as apart of their costume. Students will have the opportunity to participate in the school parade.
Please guide your children in making appropriate selections for their characters. Costumes must be school appropriate: no scary costumes, masks or weapons will be allowed. Students must have school appropriate shoes (no slippers, heels, or soft bottom shoes). Students are not permitted to use face paint.
We look forward to making this a safe, fun, and educational experience for all children.