LIFT Weekly Update
All about the Student Ministries at First Baptist Covington
I hope you are in the Christmas spirit, because we are neck deep in it here!
We do have Prayer Breakfast tomorrow, and only one more after that before the end of the year!
LIFT is very special this week with our annual LIFT Christmas Party! IT ALL HAPPENS 5:30-7:30pm to make sure to have time to do it all. That means students BRING THEIR OWN MONEY, we hand out the names and lists of kids in need from Angel Tree, our students group up, we head to Walmart all at once, go crazy shopping, bring the gifts back, wrap them, insert the gospel, eat Christmas party food, and have fun! It's a huge night that you don't want to miss!
Then, next week on December 17th, we'll have Student Testimony Night @ LIFT! That means it is our students' chance to share what God has done in their lives in the last year. It's an awesome time of worship! Parents, encourage your students to share, and, students, let me know if you want to share!
Remember our major events coming up in 2015 as you plan for next year! We've got High School Big Day Out on February 7th, our Honduras Spring Break Mission Trip April 4th-9th, and next year's Summer Camp is July 13th-17th. Mark those calendars!
As you plan for 2015, keep in mind that it is good to begin planning not just the dates of upcoming events, but how you will pay for them. I encourage families to consider payments toward trips like Honduras or Summer Camp as possibilities for Christmas gifts. That is a good way to get family involved in support of these important opportunities in your child's life. Also, in the coming weeks we will begin the first of 2 fundraisers for the Honduras Trip. It will be a Student Labor Service, allowing students to offer up their help and skills to church members in exchange for money toward their mission trip. Services will include babysitting, leaf raking, yard work, house cleaning, car detailing, and anything else your student is willing to do. The holiday season may also be a good time to start sending out support letters for your trip.
The LIFT Supper Schedule is below, and our first one for the year is next week. Many of you signed up at our Parent Meeting. Let me know if you'd like to be added to an open spot!
- December 10th - LIFT Christmas Party
- December 17th - Student Testimony Night
- February 7th - High School Big Day Out!
- April 4th-9th - Honduras Spring Break Mission Trip
- July 13th-15th - Summer Camp @ Daytona Beach
LIFT Christmas Party
Bring money this week to buy gifts for Angel Tree kids! 5:30-7:30pm!
LIFT Supper Schedule
We offer FREE dinner to our students once a month. Here's the schedule you signed up for!
Honduras Mission Trip Fundraiser
Beginning this week, the Student Labor Service will be open to help raise funds for our Honduras Mission Trip on Spring Break!
LIFT Supper Schedule
Last Week's Message from LIFT!
Follow-Up Questions for Parents
· Have you ever wondered why we try not to sin if all of our sin has already been paid for by Jesus?
· Can you be good enough to repay Jesus for what He has done for you?
· What is the danger in thinking you can work to earn your salvation?
· Explain what grace is and why it is worth having faith in.
· Why would our faith in grace lead us to be obedient?
· What does it mean when the Bible says that everything is OK for us to do, but it isn’t necessarily good for us? (1 Corinthians 10:23-24)
· What message does it send to God and the world when you live faithfully and obediently?