Instrument Selection Day
Let's help you decide what instrument you will play!
Welcome to the Utley Wolves Band Program!
Our first step is to figure out what instrument your child will play for next school year. This is a very important decision we will make! The process takes about 20 minutes. We will lead your child through various exercises to help determine which instrument is best for him/her. We tell them it's like shopping for shoes; we have to find the one that fits them the BEST.
Please take a moment to fill out the following Registration Form to schedule what time the selection will be, introduce all the instruments to the students, and get basic information from the parents.
Next Step: Instrument Selection!
Where will the screenings be?
- At the Utley MS Band Hall! We will send you a map on where to park and enter!
When and where are the screenings?
- May 1st, 2021 at UTLEY MIDDLE SCHOOL BAND HALL
How long is the screening process?
- The entire process will take about 20 minutes once we begin. Please be on time! Make sure you have filled out the registration form above PRIOR to your scheduled time on May 1st.
Who needs to be present?
- Your band student
- ONE parent/guardian. We are doing our best to limit the amount of people in the building. Please do not bring other adults or children unless absolutely necessary.
What should we expect in the screening?
- We will ask the students questions and take them through some basic music and coordination exercises.
- Students who are interested in percussion will need to go through some additional exercises with our percussion instructors on a different day. Using all of this information, plus physical features and the pre-selection survey, we will help your child pick their top 3 choices
What happens after the screening?
- The band staff will go through all of the students who screened and pick their instrument
- On Saturday May 8th, we will send you the final instrument choice and instructions on what to do next.
If you have any questions about these forms, please email Mr. Hackett.
Mr. Hackett - Robert.Hackett@rockwallisd.org
Mr. Beaty - Preston.Beaty@rockwallisd.org
Mr. Lancaster (RHS Percussion) - Russell.Lancaster@rockwallisd.org
Mr. Kosterman (RHHS Percussion) - Kenneth.Kosterman@rockwallisd.org
Or visit our website at www.utleywolfband.org