Titan Tidbits - Parents
- Biker/Walker Waiver Form, please complete by Friday, August 16, 2019
- School Improvement Form Nomination, please complete by Friday, August 30, 2019
- Transportation Bus Routes will be available at Meet the Teacher (table located in the Media Center). Please check back HERE for the latest information. If you have specific questions between now and then, the transportation department can be reached by calling 803-802-1998.
Teacher placement information will be sent electronically on Friday, August 9th. Each teacher placement will be sent electronically throughout the day. Not all families will receive their student’s placement at the exact same time. You will receive your child’s homeroom teacher placement. In grades 3rd-5th, your child may have a different English Language Arts/Math teacher (you will receive this as well).
I know that finding out your child’s teacher is exciting! I encourage parents to be respectful of our staff and limit your social media postings to only positive comments. Asking others questions or sharing opinions on social media about specific teachers can be hurtful. Remember that our staff is committed to helping our young Titans achieve success both academically and emotionally, so I ask that you show kindness and respect as teacher placements are shared.
Meet the Teacher
Parking: I am encouraging everyone to walk from your home/Trailhead or carpool if possible as parking will be a challenge.
Meet the Teacher for Kindergarten will take place on August 15th from 8-9:30 am (There will be two sessions offered... your child's teacher will communicate more about this once placement goes out). If you cannot be in attendance at that session, please email your child's teacher once placement is received to let him/her know your child's transportation home the first day of school AND your child's t-shirt size for Boosterthon (there is not a cost for these).
Meet the Teacher Drop-In for Grades 1st-5th will be on Thursday, August 15th from 3-5 pm. Doors will open promptly at 3 and close promptly at 5pm. If you cannot be in attendance that night, please email your child's teacher once placement is received to let him/her your know child's transportation home the first day of school AND your child's t-shirt size for Boosterthon (there is not a cost for these).
Save the Dates!
- Friday, August 9: Class Assignments will be emailed out and made available via Parent Portal
- Thursday, August 15: Kindergarten Meet the Teacher (8:00-9:30, there will be two sessions offered... your child's teacher will communicate more about this as it gets closer)
- Friday, August 16: Biker/Walker Waiver form due
- Thursday, August 15: Meet the Teacher First through Fifth Grades (3:00-5:00 pm--drop in format)
- Monday, August 19: First Day of School (Doors will open at 7:05)
- Monday, August 26: Boosterthon FUN RUN Kickoff!
- Tuesday, August 27: Independence Day (this means that students will walk to class by themselves-please know that there will be Titan Staff on hand to help make sure our students are safe and get where they need to go)
- Tuesday, August 27: Boy Scout Meeting at TCES (7-8) in the cafeteria UPDATED TIME
- Friday, August 30: SIC Nominations are due
- Monday, September 2: Labor Day, no school
- Thursday, September 5: Boosterthon Fun Run (4th and 5th Grade - 8:10 am; Kindergarten and First Grade - 9:15 am; Second and Third Grade - 10:30 am)
- Wednesday, September 11: Fall Picture Day (more info to come)
- Thursday, September 12: Watch DOGS Launch Event (more info to come)
- Friday, October 4: Grits for Grands, 7-8 am & Family Walk/Bike to School Day
- Friday, November 8: Veteran's Day Celebration (more info to come)
- Friday, December 13: 2nd Annual Holiday Lunch
Classroom Ready Application now available!
If your child needs assistance with school supplies for the 2019-2020 school year please check out Classroom Ready. Classroom Ready is a program created by the Foundation for Fort Mill Schools to help students be prepared by providing free school supplies.
If your family is in need of assistance during the 2019-2020 school year please consider filling out the online application below.
ONLINE APPLICATION FOR SCHOOL SUPPLIES FOR 2019.20