Resiliency of Rosa Parks
By: Zhykiea Williford
Early Life & Education
- February 4, 1913 was the day Rosa Parks was birth, when she was little her parents separated and she stayed with her mother.
- After they separated they moved to Pine level, Alabama to live with Rosa's mother parents.
- When Rosa Parks turned 11 she started school at industrial school for girls, she graduated high; earn her degree at the age of 19 in 1933 and got her high school diploma in 1934.
- She also went to college called Alabama State Teachers College for Negros ("Rosa Parks Biography").
Life After School
- When Rosa Parks was 19 she got married
- To Raymond Parks
- They have married since December 18, 1932 for 84 years
- When they are with each other they do everything together, then years later her husband died August 19, 1977. ( "Academy of Achievement").
Raymond Parks who is Rosa Parks Husband
How Rosa Parks show Resiliency
- How Rosa Parks show resiliency
- Is that she wouldn't let anyone tell her what to do.
- When Rosa Parks was getting on the bus from a long days work; she had sat in one of the open seats.
- When one man got on the bus there were no more seats up front, and he he needed some where to sit so the bus driver told 2 people to get up including Rosa Parks.
- The 2 people got up except for Rosa Parks, when the bus driver told her to get up she refused to get up even though she was in the correct seat.
- The bus driver called the police, she was removed from the bus and she went to jail just because she wouldn't give up a seat that she was correctly in. ("Rosa Parks Biography").
When Rosa Parks was arrested
- She was 42 years old
- She got to jail they fingerprinted her
- She only spend roughly a day in jail
- She was fine $10 as well as a $4 court fee
- Edgar Nixon bailed Rosa Parks from jail
- The Montgomery bus boycott was successful. ("Rosa Parks Biography").
Later in Life
- The day that Rosa Parks was arrested that day changed everything.
- As she got older and life went passed she was a legend to everyone.
- Rosa Parks had published 2 books "Quiet Strength" and "Rosa Parks: My Story".
- When Rosa Parks passed on October 24, 2005 at the age of 92
- She was diagnosed with Progressive dementia the previous year. ("Rosa Parks Biography")
Rosa Parks grave stone which is located at Woodland Cemetery, in Detroit, MI