The Nashua News
2018 National Blue Ribbon School
8:45 am-3:05 pm Thursday
24 Hour Attendance Line: 321-5162
Main Office: 321-5160
Red Ribbon Week October 22-26
Fall Party Information
2:15 pm Parent Party Helpers arrives and check in at the front desk
All parents who are assigned to the Fall Party will puck up their official badges in the office.
2:30 pm Parents with badges will be released to the classrooms for party set-up
2:45 pm Fall Parade
All parents are invited to position themselves around the school and playground to enjoy the wonderful parade of costumes.
3:15 pm Fall Party
3:45 pm Fall Party ends
Parents can take their children from the party, but may not take "friends" unless a note from the other child's parent has been received.
Weapon Free (even if you weapon goes with your costume, you cannot bring the weapon to school)
Nurse Martha's File
- Children with a temperature of 100 degrees or above, vomiting, severe coughing, or who have diarrhea during the evening or night, should stay home from school the following day.
- Students should be kept home for a full 24 hours after symptoms of illness have subsided. Children must be fever-free for 24 hours without medication before returning to school.
- Students will be sent home from school if a temperature is 100 degrees or above, vomiting, sever coughing, diarrhea, or there is a suspicion of a communicable disease or the inability to participate in normal classroom activity.
- Students who are prescribed an antibiotic (for strep, pink eye, etc), must take it for 24 hours before returning to school. All medications must be accompanied by a Medication Authorization Form and given to the nurse.
- Students should also try to stay hydrated on excessive heat days.
October PTA News
- PTA Meeting at 6 PM on October 16 in the Nashua library - all are welcome!
Nashua Elementary PTA's Fall fundraiser closed on 9/24 - thank you to everyone who participated and helped raise money for the PTA! The PTA is excited to help fund field trips, buy classroom supplies, and provide for all of our Nashua STARS, both staff and students!
**MARK YOUR CALENDARS** All items will be ready for pick up on Wednesday, 10/24, from 4:15 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the Cafe. It is extremely important you make arrangements for your items to be picked up during this time frame as we do not have any place to store the perishable items.
It is still not to late to donate! f you would rather 'buy-out' or donate directly to PTA, please feel free to do so - any amount is greatly appreciated! If you have any questions, contact Jennifer Walters at email@example.com or 816-665-1870.
- Get involved at Nashua! We have open positions for this year.
- If you want these events at your child's school, PTA needs you!
- 2018-20 Family Fun Night Chair / 2nd VP
- Spring 2019 5th Grade Sock Hop Chair
- View job descriptions at bit.ly/NashuaPTAContact
- Contact Robyn Tuwei at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested or have questions