Buckingham Elementary School
The Mighty Knight Connection - Summer 2013 Issue
SUMMER 2013 EDITION
Class Placements - Go to Parent Portal Online - 7/19
On Friday, July 19th, 2013 - Buckingham Students (K-6) and Parents were able to access Class Placement information through the Central Bucks Parent Portal. Please note: Buckingham will not be sending placement information through the mail. If you already have a Parent Portal account, no further action is required - however, please check and update your phone numbers, email addresses & emergency contacts.
If you have never used Parent Portal, please CLICK HERE to create a Parent Portal account for your family. This is an important tool for parents to access their child's records - and allows families to update important information necessary for timely communications from the school. You can find the same information by going to the Parents/Students tab at the top of the Central Bucks School District website (www.cbsd.org) and locating the Parent Portal Information link.
If you have any questions for the Buckingham Main Office, please contact us at 267-893-4200.
School Supplies - Online
To view your child's Grade-Level Supply List, CLICK HERE to be directed to the Buckingham Elementary Website link.
You may also be able to read your child's 2013-14 Teacher Welcome Letter from the "Teacher Websites" tab once class placement information has been published. For letters not yet online, be sure to visit again in the near future.
Kindergarten Orientation - 8/28 - Save the Date!
Who: All new Kindergarten Students to Buckingham & *new First Graders
What: Kindergarten Orientation - Come meet Mrs. Roberts, learn about the Kindergarten school year, bus safety, and get to ride a school bus!
When: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:30AM
Where: Buckingham Elementary Cafeteria
*First Graders need only attend the Transportation Department's Bus Orientation
News & Upcoming Events
Jul. 19 - 2013-2014 Student Class Placements Published - Parent Portal
Aug. 26 - Teachers Return - Staff Development
Aug. 28 - Kindergarten Orientation - 9:30AM - Cafeteria
Sept. 3 - First Day of School 2013-2014
Sept. 5 - No School - Holiday
Sept. 6 - PTO - New Family/Student Ice Cream Social - Cafeteria - 7:00PM
Sept. 9 - Back to School Night: Gr. 1&2 - 6:00PM; Gr. 5 - 7:15PM
Sept. 10 - Back to School Night: Gr. 3&4 - 6:00PM; Gr. 6 - 7:15PM
Sept. 16 - Back to School Night: Kdg & PEN - 6:30PM
Sept. 24 - Picture Day for Students
Sept. 24 - School Board Meeting - Educational Services Center - 7:30 PM
Sept. 26 - PTO General Meeting - 7:30PM - Cafeteria
Back to School Nights - 2013-2014
BTS Nights will be held during the first two weeks of school according to the following schedule:
- Monday, September 9th - Grds. 1 & 2 - 6:00PM-6:45PM; Gr. 5 - 7:15PM-8:00PM
- Tuesday, September 10th - Grds. 3 & 4 - 6:00PM-6:45PM; Gr. 6 - 7:15PM-8:00PM
- Monday, September 16th - Kindergarten & PEN - 6:30PM-7:15PM
The importance of a strong and supportive relationship between home and school cannot be overstated. Throughout next school year, I would encourage you to talk to your children about school, read with them, support them with their homework, and become involved in some of the numerous educational and social opportunities that Buckingham has to offer.
The Buckingham Staff looks forward to working with all of you and your children to provide constructive and meaningful learning experiences for our students this year!
Central Bucks Supports - 9/11 Heroes Run
ease join Central Bucks School District in supporting the 9/11 Heroes Run. Registration is now open for the September 15th event. Doylestown borough will once again host a 5k and 1 mile fun walk/run to raise support and awareness for all of the heroes of September 11th.
THE 9/11 HEROES RUN UNITES COMMUNITIES INTERNATIONALLY WITH THE GOAL TO NEVER FORGET THE SACRIFICES OF THE HEROES OF SEPTEMBER 11TH AND IN THE WARS SINCE: VETERAN, FIRST RESPONDER, CIVILIAN, AND MILITARY. JOIN US TO RAISE AWARENESS AND HONOR THE FALLEN.
School Board Briefs
Central Bucks School District - School Board Briefs - July 24, 2013
At the July 23, 2013 School Board Meeting, the Central Bucks School District School Board:
1. Approved the School Board Minutes - June 11, 2013 and July 3, 2013.
2. Approved the appointment of David Weitzel, Ed.D. as Acting Superintendent effective immediately.
3. Received the IU Board and MBIT Committee Reports.
4. Approved the creation of a Long Term Capital Reserve Fund and the transfer of $8,000,000 from the General Fund into it.
5. Approved the Treasurer’s Report, Ratification of Investments for the Month of June, and Budgetary Transfers.
6. Approved the purchase of ten school buses (5 new 77-passenger buses, 4 smaller special needs buses, and 1 wheelchair equipped bus).
7. Approved the school boundary assignments for new housing developments in Warrington Township.
The administration is recommending the attendance boundaries for Mill Creek
Elementary and Unami Middle School be amended to include the following housing developments that are currently in the Titus Elementary and Tamanend Middle School attendance boundary:
- Oak Creek development, located near County Line Road and Folly Road
- Warrington Glen development, located near Street Road and Folly Road
- Illg’s Tract development, located near Bradley Road, Illg Road, and Folly Road
The following three new housing developments that are currently in the Titus Elementary and Tamanend Middle School attendance boundary are not recommended for inclusion in the Mill Creek Elementary and Unami Middle School attendance boundary:
- Penn Rose Walk development, is located near Titus Elementary
- Roosevelt Court development, is located near Titus Elementary
- Warrington Meadows development, located near County Line Road and Folly Road currently has 7 students attending Titus Elementary
8. Terminated the contract to Centre Point for concrete wall modification at CB West in the amount of $27,800. In August this project will be rebid.
9. Accepted the Fact-Finders Report and Approved the settlement of the Transportation Contract effective July 1, 2013 – June 30, 2016.
10. Tabled School Board Policy #530 – Overtime, so that the proposed policy can be posted on the CBSD website.
11. Approved the 2013-2014 District Goals.
12. Approved various personnel items, tuition student, foreign exchange students, student trips, and staff conferences/workshops.
13. Received the 2012-2013 Semi-Annual Rating of Elementary and Secondary Temporary Professional Employees as an information item.
We, the Buckingham School Community, foster the academic, social, and emotional growth of our children. We establish a safe environment that encourages collaboration and life-long learning where students accomplish their personal goals. We are committed to supporting children through a well-structured learning environment built upon research-based best practices. The Buckingham School Community is dedicated to developing creative students of character who are responsible, contributing citizens.
Buckingham Elementary School
PO Box 158, 2414 Durham Road
Buckingham, PA 18912-0158
Principal, Karl Funseth
Principal's Secretary, Janice Petrie