By: Landon Kruse
20 Interesting facts
- Whenever a shark would impose on his fishing he would shoot it with his tommy gun.
- He could write a story in six words.
- He survived two plane crashes.
- Hemingway loved six-toed cats.
- Ernest's sister, brother, and father all committed suicide.
- He used to hunt U-boats in his fishing boat with direction finding equipment, a machine gun, and hand grenades.
- Later in his life, he claimed he was spied on and later it turns out that he was.
- He tool a urinal from his favorite bar claiming that he had "pissed away" so much of his money into it that he owned it.
- He had a cat named after Winston Churchill.
- Ernest had four wives.
- At the age of 22, he nicknamed himself "papa".
- He drank about a quart of liquor a day.
- When he was born until he was four, his mom dressed him as a girl and made him grow out his hair.
- He used his favorite shotgun to commit suicide.
- In 1942 he set up a real intelligence network, nicknamed the crook factory.
- His mom took him out of school for a year so he could learn to play the cello.
- He always wrote standing up.
- Ernest loved to box.
- In world war 1 he tried to enlist in the army but his eyesight would not allow it so he became an ambulance driver instead.
- While delivering chocolates and cigarettes to soldiers on the line he was hit by trench mortar fire and still managed to drag another injured soldier to safety.
Mini BIO - Ernest Hemingway