Yessenia Diaz period 10
- Prepare and examine financial records
- Ensure taxes are paid properly and on time
- Suggests ways to reduce costs and improve profits
Average Hours/Working Schedule: 40+ hours per week
Working location(s): Accountants often work in business / office environments. They also work in banks and usually in the city. Few work from their home.
Salary/Wage Potential: On average, accountants will make $61,690 per year if worked full time a year. $29.66 per hour. The lowest 10% paying for accountants is $38,940 per year. The top 10% in paying had been about $106,880 a year.
- Must have at least a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Training in vocational schools.
- MINIMUM 4 years of accounting experience.
- Major accounting software experience.
- EXCELLENT written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed customer service skills
- Must have lots of computer skills
- Sales skills
Job Outlook / Growth
1,216,900 jobs that are accountants (as of 2010)Employment of accounts is expected to grow 16% (About as fast as average) from year 2010-2020
Job openings 452,100
Advancement Opportunities or Related Jobs
- Some people can become supervisors or even managers.
- You can also possibly advance in accounting manager or budget director.
- If you get really advanced in accounting, it is possible to become treasurers or corporate presidents.
- Budget Analysis
- Financial Analysis
- Cost Estimators