Band Notes: Week 17
A Note From Your Directors
Can you believe that our semester is rounding out the last 3 weeks?! It seems like we just started! We have a lot of fun and exciting announcements this week so make sure you read all the way to the bottom.
As always, if you have any additional questions then please reach out.
-Mr. Wood, Ms. Hoffman, & Mr. Seymour
Click this link to find the sectional schedule for the week 17. Should you need to miss your sectional, you only have 1 week to make it up!
Band Cage Decorating!
- Beginning Monday, December 3rd, students are allowed to decorate their band cage for the holiday!! At the end of the semester, there will be prizes for the best decorations so students are encouraged to be as creative as possible!!
*Decorations must be school appropriate and must not have electronic sounds coming from them so to not be a classroom distraction.
Texas Legends Suite Raffle
The suite is valued at $1,500 and includes:
- 14 Tickets,
- 4 Parking Passes,
- Catered Meal and (non alcoholic) drinks.
To purchase tickets online and for more info please click HERE.
Winner announced at the Staley Middle School December Band Concert on 12/10/18. You DO NOT need to be present to win. Receipt of goods or services valued at $1,500. Raffle will take place before the final song of the concert (Symphonic Band). All proceeds will be donated to the SMSBPA, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization supporting the students of the Staley Band Program.
**The Texas Legends Suite has graciously been donated by InTouch Credit Union**
Spring 2019 Band Auditions
- Brass and woodwind students have an etude (small piece) and 3 scales that have been pre-selected.
- Percussion students have a snare etude and a mallet etude.
The auditions will be done through Google Classroom so students have the opportunity to work on their audition material until they are satisfied with the recording.
All recordings MUST be submit to Google Classroom by December 12.
Spirit Night - Cowboy Chicken
Thursday, Dec. 6th, 4-9pm
4984 Main Street
Mr. Wood and Ms. Hoffman will be there around 5:30pm for dinner. We hope to have a great turn out for our last spirit night!
- All 7th/8th grade students received their solo before we left for break. (Yay!)
- Students are encouraged to visit the website found HERE to play with the recordings provided so they may practice with a piano accompaniment.
- Students were told that if they would like to switch solos, they may, but must first fill out the form at the bottom of the Solo page. You may click HERE to access the form.
- These solos are for our Solo competition on February 1st.
Dallas Symphony Orchestra's Big Brassy Christmas
Tuesday, Dec. 11th, 9-9pm
4801 Legendary Drive
Staley Band has been offered tickets for our students and their families! If you are interested in going to the concert then please respond to this email. We have a very limited selection of tickets so tickets will be given on a 1st come, 1st serve basis.
- Dec. 6: Spirit Night: Cowboy Chicken
- Dec. 10: DECEMBER CONCERT DATE CHANGE!
- Dec. 10: Texas Legends Suite Raffle at the concert!
- Dec. 11: Frisco High School Band Concert at 7:00pm
- Dec. 11: Dallas Symphony Orchestra's Big Brassy Christmas
- Dec. 12: Audition recordings submit to Google Classroom
- Dec. 18: Memorial High School Band Concert at 7:00pm