By: Kailyn Hennings Block: 3
- Symptoms are Distinctive facial feature, small ears, slant eyes, small mouth. They have short neck, arms, and legs. They have weak muscles, the muscle tone usually improves by late childhood. They also have loose joints and below average intelligence.
- Daily life for them means they can't be as active, they have a heart defect, and they heart defect is also usually very common.
- Life expectancy is usually about 50-60 years
The mutation causing Down syndrome is an extra chromosome. The extra chromosome that is affected is chromosome number twenty one. The gene that is mutated is trisomy number twenty one.
Physical therapy for walking
Other interesting facts
2. (Daily life)
3. (Life expectancy)
4. (Mutation causing condition)
5. (Chromosome affected)
6. (Mutated gene)
7. (Meaning of disease name)
8. (Three treatments)