Human Resources Newsletter, February Edition 2021
Mission First, People Always.
Important Dates for Re-Election of Employees
Timeline of Events:
- Jan 11 - Re-election Packets distributed to Principals
- Jan 22 - Deadline for the employee to return the Letter of Intent to his/her Principal/Supervisor (keep for your records)
- Jan 29 - Deadline for verified Employee Roster to be submitted to Human Resources along with Resignation/Retirement forms and Part-time TRS Request forms
- Feb 1 - 26 - Scheduled At-Risk meetings with HR
- April 15 - Deadline to hire teachers wishing to transfer within the District. Personnel Action Forms must be submitted to the HR department by 5:00 p.m.
For questions, contact Lewanna Stubbs @ mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or 478-765-8538
Non-Renewal of Employees
If you have questions about documentation or the At-Risk process, please contact:
Ed Aaron at mailto:Edwin.Aaron@bcsdk12.net / 478.765.8515 or
Mack Bullard at mailto:Mack.Bullard@bcsdk12.net / 478.765.8733
BCSD's Health & Wellness Program - February Stress Less Challenge
If you are enrolled in a State Health Benefit Plan (SHBP) through either Anthem/BCBS or UnitedHealthcare (non-Medicare Advantage), you (and your covered spouse) can access the 2021 Be Well SHBP well-being program. Please see the flyers below for details.
Join the February Stress Less Challenge today! Track 21 days of calm or productive levels for 120 well-being incentive points.
Getting started is easy, just follow the steps @ BeWellSHBP.com.
For questions, contact Katrina Swindle @ mailto:Katrina.Swindle@bcsdk12.net or 478.765.8570
Credit/Debit Cards Accepted Here
- Fingerprinting - $50
- Replacement Name Badges - $10
- Replacement Badge Clips - $3.00
- Benefits/Insurance Payments - Fees Vary
We hope this new service will make the payment process easier for you!
DPH Guidance for COVID-19
Please review the presentation below that was shared at VIP on 12/5/20, for guidance with addressing and reporting COVID-19 cases. You can also access this information in SharePoint in the "DPH COVID-19 Guidance" folder.
*All completed COVID-19 forms and documentation (including medical documents) should be emailed to mailto:Christi.Mimbs@bcsdk12.net or mailto:Edwin.Aaron@bcsdk12.net. Please let us know if we can assist you in any way.
Planning to Retire in 2021?
2021 Retirement Process and Deadlines
Important Information to Ensure a Smooth Transition of Health Coverage into Retirement
All Employees who intend to retire in 2021 should contact Regina Stokes @ mailto:Regina.Stokes@bcsdk12.net or 478.765.8563. Employees must submit a Resignation/Retirement form in PowerSchool.
Employees who are members of the Teachers Retirement System of Georgia (TRS) need to utilize the website at www.trsga.com or they may call 1-800-352-0650 to request an Estimate of Benefits with their anticipated retirement date. Please be advised that due to the large volume of retirements at the end of each school year, the deadlines for summer retirements with TRS are:
- June retirement: March 31
- July retirement: April 30
- August retirement: May 31
TRS recommends submitting your application as early as six (6) months, no later than two (2) months, prior to your date of retirement to avoid any delays of monthly retirement checks and possible interruption of health coverage.
Employees who are members of Public School Employees Retirement System (PSERS) are encouraged to apply for retirement as early as three (3) months prior to their retirement date to avoid any delays of monthly retirement checks and possible interruption of health coverage. Those employees need to call 1-800-805-4609 or visit their website at www.ers.ga.gov to request an Estimate of Benefits with their anticipated retirement date.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
EAP is Here for You!
Coping in today's fast-paced and ever changing world can be challenging. You may feel as though you are swimming in a sea of uncharted territory. Don't let the daily stress get the best of you, the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available to help.
As a benefit to all BCSD employees, the District provides counseling services through the Employee Assistance Program. These services are free of charge. EAP is a work-based intervention program designed to assist employees in resolving personal and/or work related issues that may be adversely affecting the employee's performance. A broad range of assistance is available:
- Certified Employee Assistance Professionals
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists
- Licensed Professional Counselors
- Substance Abuse Professionals
- DUI Clinical Evaluators
- Certified Anger Management Facilitators
- Career Counseling and Testing Professionals
Southern Behavioral Services is the provider for the BCSD Employee Assistance Program. This program is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. These services are confidential and are also available to the employee's dependents. Employees can reach out to Southern Behavioral Service Assistance Programs on their on, or be referred by a supervisor. See overview below.
Southern Behavioral Services Contact Information:
Macon Office: (478) 742-1464 or toll free (800) 533-1797
Warner Robins Office: 478-742-1464 or toll free (800) 533-1797
See the Articles below for Self Care Tips from Southern Behavioral
TKES/LKES Implementation Reports
HR runs TKES/LKES implementation reports the Monday before VIP meetings. The goal is to have 100% completion on all steps. You can find a complete list of evaluation guidelines on the HR Webpage under Forms & Documents. (Guidelines are also attached)
TKES Implementation Deadlines:
LKES Implementation Deadlines:
Classified Personnel Evaluations
For questions, contact Lewanna Stubbs @ mailto:Lewanna.Stubbs@bcsdk12.net or 478.765.8538
Classified Personnel Evaluation Deadlines:
Contributing Professionals - Professional Learning Goals
Educators and contributing professionals who hold GA certification and are not currently evaluated on TKES and LKES, are required to prepare Professional Learning Goals or a Professional Learning Plan to be carried out during the validity period of their certification. Please see the email from Melanique Floyd on 8/24/2020 for more details. Supervisors/Evaluators should upload all PLPs and PLGs for contributing professionals in PowerSchool.
Both PLGs and PLPs should address the following:
- Weaknesses identified through the TAPS process,
- Teacher’s individual professional goals,
- School or Districts Continuous Improvement Goals, or
- Any District or school identified need.
For questions, contact Melanique Floyd @ mailto:Melanique.Floyd@bcsdk12.net or 478.765.8586
Contributing Professionals & Paraprofessionals Evaluation Deadlines:
Employee Referral Bonus Program
Employees who refer a "Teacher" candidate will receive a $1000 Referral Bonus if that candidate is hired and works in the district for a full year. Reach out to friends and family interested in teaching and tell them about the great things happening in Bibb! Please see the attached flyer for guidelines.
- Jan 29 - LKES - Formative Assessment
- Jan 29 - Re-election Packet Forms due to HR
- Feb 1 - TKES - Observation 3 Walkthrough
- Feb 12 - LKES - Mid-Year Conference
- Feb 12 - Mid-Year PSC PL Goals/Plans Progress
- Feb 18 - Principals and Administrators Recommended to Board
- March 1 - TKES - Observation 4 Walkthrough
- March 18 - Teachers Recommended to Board
- March 29 - Distribution of Employment Contracts
- March 31 - Deadlines to Retire in June 2021
- April 1 - Employment Contracts Due
BCSD Human Resources
Dr. Mack Bullard, Assistant Superintendent
Each student will demonstrate strength of character and will be college or career ready.
The Bibb County School District develops a highly trained staff and an engaged community dedicated to educating each student for a 21st century global society.