Emma L. Miller Friday Family Focus
Be Kind, Be Awesome, Be Well!
News, Reminders & Updates: 11/12
Good Morning E.L.M. Families,
Happy Friday! This week's newsletter is jam packed with important information. Please take a read!
* After Care - If you are interested in changing your enrollment in the After Care Program, you are able to do so beginning on Monday, Nov 22nd. Please contact the school office to make these changes. Please keep in mind that After Care registration and enrollment is a trimester-long commitment. After Care payments are due today for students who are attending next week.
* We sent home an updated Photo Permission form that includes the use of your child's photo on our new website, Facebook page, and APPtegy phone application. Please sign and return this form as soon as possible. Thank you.
* We are excited to be implementing a few new communication tools to share with our families. The new APPtegy phone app is available now by downloading it through your phone's App Store. You can search on North Berkshire School Union to download. This app will allow us to share real-time updates on school closures, news and classroom activities. Our new school website will also go live on Monday. Be on the lookout for more information coming soon.
* The Ski Club is fundraising to support this year's program. Raffle tickets can be purchased for $10 per ticket and are available at Hoosac Valley Coal & Grain, Oasis Liquors, Cheshire Liquor Center, Val's Variety, and the Savoy General store. Raffle prizes include: a Canyon Cooler, variety of beer, wine & liquor, gift certificates to Daily Grind, AJs, Mountain Top Country Meats, Bella Sky Gifts & Bass Water Grill. The winners will be drawn the first week in December. Thank you for supporting this fundraiser for our skiers.
* The PTG continues to look for donations for a Chinese Auction Table that will be held during the Savoy Made Craft Fair in December. The flyer is attached below. Thank you for your consideration.
* In case you're wondering...the new fencing for the school playground has hit a small snag with a backorder on materials. We hope to have the fence installed within the next two weeks or before the first flakes fly.
* We will have a Pajama Day on Tuesday, Nov. 23rd. Please be sure that all pjs are school and weather appropriate. Thank you.
* There will be no school on Wednesday, Nov. 24th - Nov. 26th in observance of Thanksgiving.
* There is a half day of school on Thursday, Dec. 2nd for Parent/Teacher phone calls. Please follow up with your child's teacher about setting up a time for your phone call, if you haven't done so already. Thank you.
* We will have a half day of school every Friday during the months of January & February. Ski Club will take place on these days and the After Care Program will be available to those who have enrolled on half days or Fridays.
A Note from Nurse Claire:
* As always, we appreciate your continued support in keeping your student home when they are symptomatic before coming to school, and calling or emailing the office in the morning for further instructions on a safe & healthy return. Thank you!
* Please take a read of the attached information from DESE & the Department of Health regarding the pediatric COVID vaccine.
* A Pediatric COVID Vaccine Clinic will be held at Emma Miller on Monday, Nov. 29th from 3:00-5:00pm. A link to register is below in the Event Information.
Have a restful weekend!