@HSD Health Update
May 20, 2021
PK-12 Masking Guidance Remains the Same Through the End of the 2020-21 School Year, Including Summer Sessions*^
- The updated masking guidance has created questions for schools related to the end of the school year.
- CDC and NJDOH recommend schools continue to use the COVID-19 prevention strategies outlined in the current version of CDC’s Operational Strategy for K-12 Schools for at least the remainder of the 2020-2021 academic school year.
- All masking guidance for the school day, and large group gatherings (e.g. drop off/pick up, ceremonies, etc.) will remain unchanged through the end of the 2020-21 school year & summer sessions.
- CDC and NJDOH plan to update their guidance for schools in the coming weeks, which will be used to plan for the 2021-2022 school year.
*Summer session guidance may change pending updated school guidance from the NJDOH.
^See athletic specific guidance per the NJSIAA below
Travel Restrictions No Longer in Effect
- As of May 17, 2021, New Jersey's travel advisory is no longer in effect; HSD has also removed the travel advisory regulations as it pertains to our students and staff.
- Asymptomatic students currently on a travel quarantine may return for in-person instruction, effective immediately.
COVID vs. Vax Reaction?
Symptomatic for longer than 48 hours after the COVID-19 vaccine?
Call your healthcare provider for further evaluation.
Household members may need to stay home if COVID-19 testing is required.
Return to school with written medical clearance.
Vaccination for 12+
NJSIAA Athletic Guidance
- Spectators, coaches, officials, and student-athletes and all participants involved in outdoor events are no longer required to wear masks.
- We implore spectators to remain physically distanced at events, unless fully vaccinated.
- Student athletes not fully vaccinated are encouraged to wear masks and remain physically distanced when not in the field of play