The Eagle's Nest
Week of December 7
Happy Sunday Families!
Our 12 Days of Giving has been a huge success. We started on Tuesday and have already collected over 400 items to donate to Christmas Cheer, the Onslow Soup Kitchen, and in the coming days we will be supporting the Women's Shelter and the Animal Shelter. Please see our flyer for what to bring in this week.
Thank you to the parents who sent in holiday decorations and those who came in to help decorate across our campus, we truly appreciate you.
Recently, we've been blessed with many donations from local businesses and people who want to give back to the community by gifting clothes, toys, hygiene items, and other things to our school. Our students are going to have a great holiday season and we thank everyone for their generosity.
1. 12 Days of Giving continues this week, please continue to send in items.
2. Popcorn sales are this week, we will take money through Thursday and delivery will be on Friday.
3. The staff will be Christmas caroling in the neighborhood near the school on Tuesday night. Be on the lookout for us!
4. National Elementary Honor Society Inductions for fifth grade are on Thursday at 5pm. Students who met the criteria for this received invitations last week.
5. Looking ahead, the week of December 14 is School Spirit Week. Students are free to dress up with different themes daily. They may wear head gear and themed tops, but they will need to wear their uniform bottoms daily except on Friday... that's pajama day!
Help Us Organize Donations and our Uniform Closet!
We have had several generous donations of toys, uniforms, and other items this season. So many that we are able to provide a gift to every student this Christmas! However, we need your help getting everything organized. Please sign up for a time if you can help us. Thank you for your continued support!
Our Uniform Closet is in desperate need of organization, too. We would love your help!
Date: 12/09/2020 (Wed.)
1210 Hargett St in Jacksonville
November 16th - 20th from 2:00-5:00pm
Student Tech Support Line: 910-989-2101
Navigating Your Laptop From Home
Parent Module on Using Teams
This is a link to the district website that has other help guides for learning from home.
Important November and December Dates
Dec 1-16: 12 Days of Giving for students
Dec 7-11: Popcorn sold, delivered on Friday
Dec 8: Staff Christmas Caroling in neighborhood across from school (5:30pm)
Dec 14-18: Christmas Spirit Week (14th-Grinch Day, 15th-Elf Day, 17th-Reindeer Day, 18th-Polar Express/PJ Day)
Dec 16: Strategic Planning @2pm
Dec 18: End of the grading period
Dec 21-Jan 3: Winter Break