Week of August 24th
A Message from Mrs. Haymark
Our first days of remote instruction are behind us. I wanted to thank each of you for the outpouring of support. Our teachers have been working hard trying to master remote teaching, and the grace that you are giving them is much appreciated.
While our first days of school certainly felt different this year, it was fantastic to see all of the smiling faces in your pictures. We are all anxiously awaiting the day when we can welcome all of our students back in person. Until then, please know that we want to support you. If there is something that you need or something that we could be doing to help you more, please let us know. We are always trying to improve.
This week our teachers will be conducting live Zooms on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday while teaching asynchronously on Tuesday and Friday. All homebase teachers sent out an email to their homebase students on Friday afternoon explaining the schedule for this week.
If you have questions or concerns, please reach out via phone (832-663-4300) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Christa Haymark, Principal
Traditional Learners' Student Orientation Week
Orientation Dates for Traditional Learners:
August 31st: Only A - C
September 1st: Only D - J
September 2nd: Only K - Q
September 3rd: Only R -Z
- School supplies that were purchased online, but not picked up at one of our distribution dates will be handed out during the orientation week.
- Students are welcome to bring their school supplies to school on their orientation day.
- All students who have personal devices (Chromebooks, iPads, laptop computers) will be allowed to use them throughout the day to limit the need to share materials.
- Students that were issued school Chromebook computers should bring the school issued Chromebooks to school each day.
- Please plan on having your child bring their own earbuds to school with them too. The earbuds should have the round connection to plug into Chromebooks.
Transportation for Traditional Learners
- This link will take you to https://apps.conroeisd.net/AlternativeTransportation/
- Please select "No" for transportation.
- This will make your child inactive for transportation services.
- Parent/Guardians can always go back in and change it to "Yes" at any time if your child needs to start riding the bus again.
- Making your child inactive for transportation services helps us better identify which students will be using buses thus allowing us to be even more efficient with our routes, keeping numbers as small as possible per run, and assists in managing our current driver shortage.
- This will also enable us to be more responsive to calls since we have to rely on certified office staff to drive when faced with bus driver shortages.
- Please note in advance to complete any of these online requests please have your child's C.I.S.D. student I.D. number and birth date available before starting the process.
Should your child be attending in-person instruction and you plan for them to ride the bus, we are asking you to please visit Register for Transportation and check Yes again to ensure we have your child selected for a route.
For complete information on bus transportation, including bus numbers and stop times, please visit https://www.conroeisd.net/transportation/ .
If you are new to C.I.S.D. this fall it is required to sign your child up for transportation. This can be done by accessing https://apps.conroeisd.net/AlternativeTransportation/ .
September 8th Learning Platform Survey
Please take a moment to complete the attached survey below. With the ever-changing times we are currently living in, several families have decided to change to mode of their student's learning. In an effort to finalize our plans for traditional learners on September 8th, we need an accurate count of how many students will be attending in person. Thank you for your help and support!
We have a few student t-shirts on sale this school year. Use the link below to view and pay for shirts. If your child is a remote learner, we will set up distribution dates for t-shirt pick up once they arrive. Don't miss out on showing your school spirit!
Masks and Water Bottles
At this time, all 5th and 6th graders in Conroe ISD will be required to wear masks at school. Please have your child practice wearing a mask prior to the first day of traditional instruction. It will set them up for success.
The Counselors' Corner
We would like each family to fill out the survey to better understand how the Counselors can help your family.
Campus Curbside Meals
Curbside meals are no longer free for all students. Breakfast and lunch meals will be available curbside for students to purchase or free to students who qualify.
- Families are asked to pick up/purchase meals for all of their children at the campus of their oldest child.
- Meals will be available curbside at all campuses on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 AM - 12 PM.
- Multiple meals will be distributed at a time.
- Tuesday: 2 breakfast meals/2 lunch meals
- Thursday: 3 breakfast meals/3 lunch meals
- A student meal card must be presented to scan and identify the student when meals are picked up.
- This card is located in Parent Access and can be printed on paper or presented electronically on a phone.
- Any change from a cash transaction will be applied to the student's meal account.
- Pre-payments can be made at www.myschoolbucks.com.
- Meal prices and the free and reduced meal application are available on the Child Nutrition website.
Questions? Please contact the Child Nutrition Department at (936) 709-8185.
A Message From Nurse Gohlke
Remote Attendance Requirements
Your child can be marked present for the day by meeting one of the following requirements:
- Participating in a live Zoom/Canvas meeting,
- Accessing and submitting assignments, OR
- Direct contact with the teacher concerning assignments (email, phone call)
Teachers will be checking attendance everyday. If your child does not meet one of the three qualifications from above, he/she will be marked absent for the day. It is mandatory that CISD follow the attendance guidelines as set forth by the State of Texas.
Need WiFi Access?
Upcoming Important Events
25 Campus-wide Asynchronous Learning, Teachers sent office hours and schedules
28 Campus-wide Asynchronous Learning, Teachers sent office hours and schedules
31 Traditional Learners Ramp Up/Orientation, Only A-C Students Attend
1 Traditional Learners Ramp Up/Orientation, Only D-J Students Attend
2 Traditional Learners Ramp Up/Orientation, Only K-Q Students Attend
3 Traditional Learners Ramp Up/Orientation, Only R-Z Students Attend
7 No School
8 First day of in person school for traditional learners
All SMS messages received from the Conroe ISD District Office and your child's campus will begin with "Conroe ISD:" and come from the subscribe code 67587. If you have not yet opted-in to receive SMS messages, you can do so at any time throughout the school year by texting "Y" to 67587.
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner.
For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.