This means hello in Bahasa Indonesian.
BY: KAITLIN AND OLIVIA
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT INDONESIA? WELL, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE. Photo by Zimmelino
- Indonesia is made out of many islands, in fact it has more than 17,000 islands!
- People in Indonesia speak more than 250 different languages, but the most common is called Bahasa Indonesia.
- Indonesia is the largest country in South East Asia.
- The currency in indonesia is called Rupiah.
- The population of Indonesia is 245,000,000 people.
The current ruler is called the president. In history, a man named Hatta Mohammad was an indonesian leader that gained his countries independence in 1945.
CAPITAL AND MAJOR CITYS
The capital of Indonesia is Jakarta. Some of the other major citys are Surabaya, Bandung, Medan and Semarang.
Photo by Eustaquio SantimanoIndonesia is bordered by Malaysia and East Timor. The area of Indonesia is 741,000 square miles, 1.9 million square kilometers. About three times as large as Texas!
Some of the landforms of Indonesia are forests, hills, mountains, and little flat of low ground. Many mountains are volcanoes.
MAIN PRODUCTS GROWN IN INDONESIA
Indonesia produces oil and natural gas. Its mines produce bauxite, which is made into aluminum, copper, silver, nickel and gold.
The official language in Indonesia is Bahasa Indonesian. The citizens are called Indonesians and the early humans that lived there are called Homo Erectus, also known as Java Man. Most Indonesians are muslims, which means that they follow the religion Islam.
The climate in Indonesia is hot and humid. The average temperature is about 80 F, which is 27 C.