Cuthbertson Middle Staff News
Here's the latest....
- Congratulations to Mr. Gorley and his wife who are expecting their first baby in August.
- Congratulations to Mr. N on his retirement in March. We wish you all the best in this new chapter of your life.
- Best wishes to Kelly Collins as he leaves to take care of family-- you will be missed! Please send pictures from Costa Rica!
- We wish Jodi Bradford all good things as she moves back home and starts a new job. We will miss our Tennessee Girl!
I Hope This Makes You Chuckle.....
I am very concerned because I never get any beefy nachos. I am at the end of the hall and by the time I get to the lunch line, they are all out. I really love beefy nachos and I was very excited to have them today. They ran out as soon as I got to the line. I ended up going to the combo line and spending a lot more money than I would at the regular line. This makes me very sad. I would love if the cafeteria staff could make more beefy nachos. If that does not happen, I think the end of the 8th grade hall could go to lunch first. This is not a joke. I just really want beefy nachos. I haven't had beefy nachos since last year and I am badly craving them.
Apple Cranberry Walnut Salad
6 cups of salad (I used a combination of arugula and baby spinach, but any spring green mix will work)
1 red apple
1 green apple
1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1 cup apple juice
4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons honey ( I used 3 for more flavor)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup oil
1. Core and chop apples. Toss lettuce with apples, walnuts, feta and cranberries in a large bowl.
2. Whisk together all dressing ingredients. Toss with salad immediately before serving. (Poppy seed dressing works well with this salad, too)
Recipe by Creme De La Crumb at