Mrs. Trout's Class News
First Week of School!
Here's what we learned:
The students did an amazing job this first week of school!! I am so proud of their efforts and their ability to get back into the school groove!
We had a busy and eventful week:
- We read the book The Kissing Hand. The book is about a raccoon that is afraid to start school! The students and I created an actor chart about our feelings and inhibitions about stating school!! Luckily the majority of the students said they were happy and excited to start Kindergarten!!
- Each student got their hands painted to represent the "kissing hand" from the story!! The students know they are now in a safe and caring classroom!
- We started working in our handwriting workbook. The students learned everything from the correct way to grip a pencil, how to write horizontal, vertical, diagonal and circle strokes. We also observed and discussed the letters of the alphabet and the lines or shapes each letter is made of.
- Students started working in their math workbooks as well! Students started learning how to count using one to one correspondence. We explored the numbers and even played a fun game of number bingo!!
- We have been super excited to learn all about our new friends! We have been have special morning meetings and end of the day meetings in which we play games to ask our friends personal questions! We love getting to know our new friends better!
- We have been working hard on learning our school pledge! It is to Be Safe, Be Respectful and Be your Best!! The students and I each each signed the pledge promising to always follow that pledge. The students also created a class rules book. Each student will have the opportunity to take this book home and share it with their family.
- We also read the book The little engine that could. The students and I discussed that we always need to say "I think I can"! We should never give up!
First Day Photos
More fun in Kindergarten!
- No school- Friday, September 4th and Monday, September 7th for Labor Day
- Back to School Night- September 10th starting at 6:30 for vendors and 7:00 for Mr. Rodia and teachers
- The first PAC meeting will be on September 16th at 6:00
- Back to school movie night will be on September 25