Books! Gadgets! Fun!
1. We can pull books on a particular topic or theme.
2. We can share great books with your students.
3. We can work together on a research project (all subject areas).
4. We can be another set of hands in the Computer Lab or with iPads in your classroom.
5. We can help with individual students and small groups - maybe you have a handful of students who are really curious about something - send them to the Learning Commons and we'll see what we can find out!
6. We can put together a list of links on a particular topic.
7. We can help you learn more about a particular technology tool or app.
The list goes on and on...just let us know what you need! We are here for you!
Happy New Year!
Valerie Byrd Fort, Sarah Sheely, Karen Gobbi, and Brenda Burkett
Learning Commons Team Schedule
Mrs. Byrd Fort is at NPES 7am - 11:30am every day.
Mrs. Sheely is at NPES 11am - 3pm every day.
Mrs. Gobbi is at NPES 7:30am - 3pm every day (lunch at 11am).
Ms. Burkett is at NPES 7:30am - 3pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, every other Friday.
September is National Library Card Sign Up Month!
I will be sending out more information along with our Makerspace Moment schedule soon!
- Computer Lab
- Learning Commons
- Makerspace (in Learning Commons)
- Literacy Center/Book Room (in Learning Commons)
- STEM Lab
- Laptops (10)
As you know, we are getting more student iPads! We are not sure when they will be ready to roll out, but we are going to get them out to you as soon as we can! There are some new procedures this year for using the iPads. It will be a learning year for all of us! Thank you for your patience!
Brenda Burkett will need to do a brief overview with you and your students about iPad use along with some useful "tips and tricks" that will be helpful to you and your students. We will send out an email when we are ready to schedule your classes.
Lion Cub Storytime
Please share these dates in your classroom newsletter!
Save the Date!
We are planning LOTS of awesome programming and events this school year! Save the date for...
- Deadline to receive a summer reading prize - August 21
- National Library Card Sign Up Month Competition - September 1 - 30
- Lion Cub Story Time - September 25
- Auggie's Birthday (from Wonder) - October 10
- Global Cardboard Challenge - October 10
- Star Wars READS Day - October 10
- Global Read Aloud - Kicks off in October
- Fall Book Fair - November 16 - November 20
- Spring Book Fair - May 23 - May27
- "Read Your Way to the Big Game"
- Read for the Record
- Author/Illustrator visit - April 5
AND MORE! Keep reading the newsletter each month to stay up to date with events and programs!