WISE Weekly of September 19, 2016
- Each team needs to submit a teacher name that will serve as a PBIS Team member for their grade level. Thank you, Michelle Ward, from Parliament 2! Team leads, please the name of one owl from each team to represent and serve on this committee to email@example.com.
- Our #owlsome Third Graders will be running Feed the Bin! They will start collecting on Wednesdays.... please have your blue recycling bins out in the halls on pickup day. Write your room number on your bin with a sharpie so they are returned to the correct classroom.
- Our Dining Hall Duty is #owlsome! To help them out, be sure to choose table washers and sweepers. And, thank them!
- Team B--Tag you're it! Please review the Duty schedule for your assigned post. Thank you Team A for setting the expectations and procedures for arrival and dismissal. The feedback has been very helpful.
- Continue to work on you PDPs and Self Assessments. Please seek assistance from the administration team as needed.
- A lot of information will be coming your way for October 25th. Roger Day will be visiting our school. Thank you, Ashley Huddle & Oakview PTA, for this #owlsome Cultural Arts experience. This is also during the week of our BOOK FAIR! We will have daily schedule changes that impact everyone. Staff should plan to attend the PTA meeting the night of October 25th. This will be PTA's dinner/parent night for the Book Fair. We will recognize our #owlsome staff! More information to follow.
- Remember, the OES Schedules and Lists is a forever "living and breathing" document. Thank you for your flexibility and for using this master list daily.
Check out Mark and Brandon who will come on October 5th to speak to the 3rd-5th grade classes for Disability Month. At 10:15am, They will show some of the technology Brandon uses to communicate. Follow them at the above link!
Here is more information about our guest speakers Mark Campbell and Brandon Rizzuti:
Team Name: Team Smile and Roll
Most Recent Run: Ran across NC to raise money for Ainsley's Angels that raises money to purchase racing wheelchairs for disabled children and adults. Mark and Brandon raised over $15,000!
Brandon is confined to a wheelchair due to cerebral Palsy. Brandon is unable to walk or speak, however with the use of technology Brandon can email and post to social media websites. Brandon with the help of his caregiver holds a job at the Walgreens in Fuquay Varina.
Mark Campbell: Started our very own Holly Springs Run Club that is now over 1,000 members. Mark met Brandon at a hotel conference and while there asked if he wanted to go for a run. That meeting took place over two years ago and they have been running ever since then.
Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/TeamSmileandRoll/
We are so excited to have these two very special people visit our school. Thank you, Robin Stanton, for sharing this #owlsome information!